Remove this Banner Ad

Sly77

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2001
Vic - Qld - Vic - yep peoples I'm back!
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Put yourself in this situation.

You get on a train/tram/bus/ferry (any other forms of PT?), you scan the seats, and it looks like you'll have to sit next to someone. The above are your options, who do you chose to sit next to and why?

I personally find myself choosing people about my own age to sit next to if possible - no idea why really. However, in general I'd sit opposite, or one seat back from a cute guy rather than sit next to him.

BUT, I find that fat middle aged men tend to sit next to me :mad: I have no idea why, and its starting to annoy me. Now, I absolutely hate having someone I dont know touching me even the slightest bit, so by the time I reach my destination there's plenty of steam coming out of my ears :mad:

Originally posted by daicos4ever

I just like my personal space on transport. I don't like strange people touching me, and I hate being packed in somewhere...

Ok so what do you do if when you get on, you can grab a seat to yourself, but half way through the trip, it fills up and you're suddenly surrounded with people sitting next to you?

Originally posted by Sly77

Ok so what do you do if when you get on, you can grab a seat to yourself, but half way through the trip, it fills up and you're suddenly surrounded with people sitting next to you?

Put up with it. Not much you can do. But if I got on transport and it was half packed, I'd stand.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm this is helping me answer the qn of why the old smelly fat guys sit next to me all the time :mad:

And to annoy me even more, every time I squish myself into the corner to get away from them and create a bit of breathing room, they just flow into my free'd up space so I'm not only being touched, but I'm squished too:mad:

You grin and bear it. It looks silly to get up and move for no reason. Although on a train, I get up if an older person is standing up near me, to give them the seat.

As to the original question, if I HAD to choose someone to sit next to, I'd probably choose someone of my age, gender doesn't really matter, because I don't start conversations on the train much anyway. If I want to perve on a chick, I'll sit next to anyone which will give me a good view of her. You can't get a good view if you are sitting next to her, because you are too close and I'd have to turn my head and stare. Opposite her is the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by daicos4ever

Easy. Put your bag on one side of you and some books on the other. ****es people off but only the really bitchy pr*cks actually ask you to move your stuff.

Wouldnt work for me, I travel by tram, and its packed by at least the half way mark of the trip - no one would let you get away with that.

Thats what the reflections in the windows are for ;)

How good is it??? You can perve to your heart's delight.

I usually sit next to whoevers in the closest seat. Some middle aged guy sat next to me yesterday and leaned on me the whole trip.:mad:

Thats what the reflections in the windows are for ;)

Ah yes! :p The refelctions! At night time, the refelctions are like a mirror. It is so clear! Many a time, my trip home has been spent staring out into space, when my focus has really been on something INSIDE the train. ;)

Wouldnt work for me, I travel by tram, and its packed by at least the half way mark of the trip - no one would let you get away with that.

The only folks that would tell you to move your stuff are the bitchy people with a spoon up their ass. On a tram, if you sit on the aisle seat and rest your bag and books or whatever next to you, look like you are really concerntrating, you will get away with it. The fat smelly blokes are highly unlikely to kick up a fuss.

Originally posted by Nic

How good is it??? You can perve to your heart's delight.

I usually sit next to whoevers in the closest seat. Some middle aged guy sat next to me yesterday and leaned on me the whole trip.:mad:

Only thing is - if the object of your attention is also perving back using the reflections you'll get caught out ;)

Only thing is - if the object of your attention is also perving back using the reflections you'll get caught out ;)

Yeah, but it works the other way around too. :)

I always look at people anyways, wherever I am. I don't care if they see me looking back, I love people's faces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back