Society/Culture Trans Kids and the education system.

Remove this Banner Ad

According to you, the signs of your gender dysphoria were that you were a loner. You also stated that you would have volunteered your gender confusion to an open-minded teacher if they'd ever asked if you were okay. Why would a teacher need specific training on how to recognise a transgender kid in order to have helped you? As a former teacher, I would approach kids that seemed left out or troubled and have a chat with them. If I ever suspected there was an underlying issue, then I'd make sure the right people were paying attention to the kid. I think that approach would work just as well on a trans kid as it would on any other kid with issues.
I had a maxi cab of nine teachers only last week three of them called me a transvestite and another’s first words to me were did I still have a dick.

Teachers need basic training in this without a doubt.

“a former teacher, I would approach kids that seemed left out or troubled and have a chat with them. If I ever suspected there was an underlying issue, then I'd make sure the right people were paying attention to the kid. I think that approach would work just as well on a trans kid as it would on any other kid with issues.”, this is all this program is designed to do nothing more.

“a former teacher, I would approach kids that seemed left out or troubled and have a chat with them. If I ever suspected there was an underlying issue, then I'd make sure the right people were paying attention to the kid. I think that approach would work just as well on a trans kid as it would on any other kid with issues.”, this is all this program is designed to do nothing more.

So why is it even a transgender thing at all? If teachers need to get better at looking out for their troubled students, then teach them that. If no teachers are being trained to identify trans kids, then maybe the people involved should be more careful with their words, because I've seen and heard it said multiple times that part of the training is exactly that.

So why is it even a transgender thing at all? If teachers need to get better at looking out for their troubled students, then teach them that. If no teachers are being trained to identify trans kids, then maybe the people involved should be more careful with their words, because I've seen and heard it said multiple times that part of the training is exactly that.
Don’t believe everything you read. Why a transgender thing?, because a large majority of teachers don’t even understand the basic terminology as was highlighted with my experience with the teachers in my maxi cab last week.

Anything that asks people to show respect is PC gone mad !!!!!!!

Who is being respected if a teacher calls some parents in for a meeting to discuss the possibility that their kid is transgender? If the kid has identified him/herself, then sure, but if it is the teacher who has identified the child, then how is that respectful?

People are just denying that this would ever happen, but if that's the case why is everything worded the way it is? Supporting and identifying are two very different things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Scott Morrison, most of the liberals Mirana Devine, Andrew Bolt, Lyle Shelton, Margret Court just to name a few.

Unfortunate examples of critics, but that doesn't change that having Teachers involved involved in identification would lead to false and incorrect identifications... Just because some nutbags oppose the idea, doesn't mean the opposition doesn't have merit

Again, I come back to the intellectual quality of teachers entering the profession. It is becoming a profession of last resort for many, attracting those people not bright enough to enter other professions
This is not a teacher bash, this is just the facts of how things are right now.

How would the same people possibly make an intelligent assessment that even well trained psychologists might agree on....and how much training will the Teachers receive? 2 hours training??

Unfortunate examples of critics, but that doesn't change that having Teachers involved involved in identification would lead to false and incorrect identifications... Just because some nutbags oppose the idea, doesn't mean the opposition doesn't have merit

Again, I come back to the intellectual quality of teachers entering the profession. It is becoming a profession of last resort for many, attracting those people not bright enough to enter other professions
This is not a teacher bash, this is just the facts of how things are right now.

How would the same people possibly make an intelligent assessment that even well trained psychologists might agree on....and how much training will the Teachers receive? 2 hours training??
Luckily teachers don’t make any assessments.

No teacher makes any assessments. Medical practitioners, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, parents the child and in some case the courts make the decision on treatment.

But Teachers are being asked to asses kids and report to parents or 'authorities' if they believes a child is transgender...That is making an assessment.

I and others have continually made the point that Teacher's should not be making any assessment

Obviously the Teacher wouldn't make any decision on treatment because they have zero qualifications.

Please, don't muddy the waters by attempting to falsely link assessment with treatment

The question needs to be asked why these posters don’t want done children accessing mental health services.

You have to be deliberately misrepresenting the argument, because I don't think you're stupid.

Even on the fact-checking article, there is a trans person in the comments who is under the impression that teachers will in fact be assessing whether kids might be transgender:

“It’s ok guys, I’m actually a massive gatekeeper! I break implied confidentiality and out kids to their families despite the risk that this poses to those kids’ mental and physical safety! No one’s ever disowned, bashed or kicked out their trans child or sent them to conversion therapy! Or withheld their child’s access to mental health care or medical care! It’s not like outing kids to their parents is a massive factor in the disturbingly high rates of transphobic violence and suicide!”

You guys keep repeating that no teachers will be trying to identify trans kids, but that's how it's been phrased multiple times. You don't have to hate trans people or want to deny kids access to health services to think it's not a teacher's job to work out what gender kids should be.

You have to be deliberately misrepresenting the argument, because I don't think you're stupid.

Even on the fact-checking article, there is a trans person in the comments who is under the impression that teachers will in fact be assessing whether kids might be transgender:

You guys keep repeating that no teachers will be trying to identify trans kids, but that's how it's been phrased multiple times. You don't have to hate trans people or want to deny kids access to health services to think it's not a teacher's job to work out what gender kids should be.
And teachers don’t work out what gender kids are that’s not their job and no teacher is being asked to do this for about the 100 Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back