Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep bringing this up as if Fergie took over a small time club and took them to the top on a shoestring budget? Fergie outspent everyone in his time in charge of Manchester United, he also was lucky enough to run into that bunch that came through the youth ranks at the same time. He's a great manager, absolutely no question, but let's not forget reality.
I guess Pep could buy cheaper players just to prove to some that he's a half decent manager. Or not give a * what people on the internet say and do his absolute best to do his job which is trying to win things.

Super shady. I find it funny that we get called out on it though when EVERY club does it.

It's #fakenews anyways.
Southampton just sick of all there players walking out had to make a stand somewhere.

As for fake news no doubt in my mint coutinho wants a Barca move

Not sure thats relevant. Conte is saying that if you want to win titles and compete in the champions league every year you need to buy players.

As good as Leicesters achievement is they havent done that. Neither has anyone else fwiw but I'm not sure City, United or to a lesser extent Chelsea see the last two years as acceptable.

Leicester made it further than any other English team in the CL didn't they?

Although it may be lost in the weareallboredcostheEPLisntbackjustyetsoletsargueaboutanythingtalk, NUFC Tiger we have signed Lewis Gibson from your academy for ~£6mil. Just how highly is he rated by Newcastle?

Southampton just sick of all there players walking out had to make a stand somewhere.

As for fake news no doubt in my mint coutinho wants a Barca move
Im sure he does, 95% of world footballers want a move to Barcelona. I dont think he will push for it though. We are not gonna sell this summer, that's for sure.

Again. No real relevance to what Conte said.

So two seasons running Leicester did better than any other English side in a particular competition despite not paying obscene fees.

Conte is taking the piss somewhat with those comments. Would certainly be a"tragedy" if we lost in the 1st round of the CL again with this talented group of players. Would also be hugely disappointing not to qualify for CL football. I have a problem with him using the word tragedy though. Tragedy is what happened in the Grenfell tower or at the concert in Manchester or little Bradley Lowry. His perspective is off.

Bottom line is though, when you are operating on a far smaller budget than your rivals, then the weight of expectation is lesser

Definitely agree with this. The usage of words like tragedy should be reserved for genuine, real life events.

Although it may be lost in the weareallboredcostheEPLisntbackjustyetsoletsargueaboutanythingtalk, NUFC Tiger we have signed Lewis Gibson from your academy for ~£6mil. Just how highly is he rated by Newcastle?

Most highly rated talent in that part of the country so I'm fairly sure our good Toon friend is melting in his Xisco shirt. Good signing though.

So two seasons running Leicester did better than any other English side in a particular competition despite not paying obscene fees.
Don't think this discussion is going anywhere so I might leave it there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kalas has signed a four year contract and is off on loan to Fulham.

The poor kid, such a shame how they have no choice.

:( We were keen on him but he didn't want to move North. Chelsea should have forced him.

Most highly rated talent in that part of the country so I'm fairly sure our good Toon friend is melting in his Xisco shirt. Good signing though.

Don't know a lot about him but seems he was one of the brightest prospects in our academy in recent memory so naturally is disappointing to lose him. I can't really blame the kid, Everton's academy is top notch and one of the best in the country and ours is a mess. Rafa is trying to fix that but it will take some time. Losing a highly rated lad hurts but getting 6m for (at this stage) an unproven prospect isn't the worst outcome - had he stayed, there's no guarantee he would have fulfilled his potential. I just hope we put a sell on clause in case he turns into an England international or something. :p

For now, that 6m might help us get another player in that could help us stay up and consolidate in the PL again so keeping him would have been a luxury.

Still dont get this. Not just with Barca and Coutinho, but it's often reported that the club and player have agreed terms, not they just need to work it out with the selling club to get the sale price.

But isnt that illegal and tapping up. Dont you have to have a bid accepted before you can speak to the player and agree on personal terms.

That's how it works on FM.
it's what agents are for.

talk to the agent, tentatively agree terms, then negotiate with the club. it's approaching players directly which is what gets clubs into trouble.

Kalas has signed a four year contract and is off on loan to Fulham.

The poor kid, such a shame how they have no choice.

The players will take the contract because
1) a player can have their career ended at any minute and they have the secure contract.
2) would they get good money at another team? possibly ,but it would be a career gamble

the real question is why Chelsea are giving long term deals to players who are never gonna get a game..
6 years for Kurt Zouma? 4 for Izzy Brown?
laughable

I guess Pep could buy cheaper players just to prove to some that he's a half decent manager. Or not give a **** what people on the internet say and do his absolute best to do his job which is trying to win things.

When you remind journalists that you've won 21 titles in 7 seasons you do look like a bit of a dick when you spend 300m and win nothing tbf.

When you remind journalists that you've won 21 titles in 7 seasons you do look like a bit of a dick when you spend 300m and win nothing tbf.
I'm sure looking like a dick is the last thing he was worried about last season.

21 trophies from 8 seasons isnt awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back