Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can won't sign Pool contract without release clause. After effects of treating Cout like s**t. Smart kid, players should do this more. You'd be really stupid to sign for Pool without a clause with the people in charge there.
Can is our gay icon at lfc, bit like Rinaldo at Real.
Deserves more money given their ability to attract that sort of supporter.

you're spot on with all of this - I think being a supporter of a smaller club like leicester gives you a different perspective than being outside the big earning clubs of england.

Being a school teacher, I see HEAPS of kids in Barcelona gear, not many at all in RM. The majority of kids I teach are either liverpool or chelsea fans, and funnily enough, they all love BVB (probably due to having pace merchants on fifa, and that I've got a wall mural of the stadium in my classroom).

Speaking of small clubs - I'm desperate to get a Palermo jersey. Any ideas where to look?
A lot of kids like Barca, Real is for the more mature crowd.

Can is our gay icon at lfc, bit like Rinaldo at Real.
Deserves more money given their ability to attract that sort of supporter.
So what's going on there? I thought Klopp would be able to unite the players and make a happy camp. Looks like it isn't working as he is struggling to hold the squad together.

I don't get it, he's ugly.
I can see why you prefer Rinaldo over can, but some like their men more manly.

So what's going on there? I thought Klopp would be able to unite the players and make a happy camp. Looks like it isn't working as he is struggling to hold the squad together.
Don't think we've lost a game this season.
We've got the best manager in the world, so its all good.

Why? rules are rules. If you start letting 14 seconds be allowable then how long until it is 2minutes, then 5 minutes, then 10 minutes.
Miss the deadline. Stiff cheddar.

It's like when the Chinese restaurant wouldn't deliver to Elaine's side of the street. You've got to have the boundary somewhere.

"If we deliver to you, then what? Eighty-fifth Street, Wall Street, Mexico, Eighty-fourth Street"

It's like when the Chinese restaurant wouldn't deliver to Elaine's side of the street. You've got to have the boundary somewhere.

"If we deliver to you, then what? Eighty-fifth Street, Wall Street, Mexico, Eighty-fourth Street"
So Leicester need their fax machine in a janitor's closet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

petty decision .

I wonder why Fifa didn't get involved when City signed Benjani 6 days after the January transfer window in 2008 and he was registered and playing a few days after that. Probably different situations but still.

Why couldn't they get the deal done 3 months ago?

I get this point of view but the deadline runs until 11PM on August 31st. Clubs can make signings at any time and besides, Leicester might not have had Adrien Silva as a potential signing 3 months ago. Heck, they might not have had him as a potential signing on August 20th. A lot of signings are spontaneous.

I wonder why Fifa didn't get involved when City signed Benjani 6 days after the January transfer window in 2008 and he was registered and playing a few days after that. Probably different situations but still.

I get this point of view but the deadline runs until 11PM on August 31st. Clubs can make signings at any time and besides, Leicester might not have had Adrien Silva as a potential signing 3 months ago. Heck, they might not have had him as a potential signing on August 20th. A lot of signings are spontaneous.
Paperwork was lodged before the deadline apparently. The delay was due to both parties trying to back out of the deal iirc.

But there have been others, Walter Pandiani comes to mind. Contents of a lot of Daniel Levy's google search history probably were probably within or outside an hour or two of the window closing.

Woodburn signs a 5 year 25k / week deal starting from his 18th birthday.

Not a bad bump from his previous 40k yearly wage.
He's lucky to still be playing after his aggressive celebrations.

"Arsene Wenger has called for the winter transfer window to be scrapped to help protect football’s “decency” and hinted that he expects further internal disruption ahead of the reopening of the market in January.

The wider issue will be discussed at a Premier League meeting on Thursday amid a proposal to close the summer window once the season starts but Wenger would like to go even further and wants no buying and selling of players at any stage of the competition." - The Telegraph

Wouldn't have anything to do with all the players he'll have with 6 months left on their contracts now would it.

"Arsene Wenger has called for the winter transfer window to be scrapped to help protect football’s “decency” and hinted that he expects further internal disruption ahead of the reopening of the market in January.

The wider issue will be discussed at a Premier League meeting on Thursday amid a proposal to close the summer window once the season starts but Wenger would like to go even further and wants no buying and selling of players at any stage of the competition." - The Telegraph

Wouldn't have anything to do with all the players he'll have with 6 months left on their contracts now would it.
To be fair he's been saying that for years.

January window is vital for promoted and weak teams with small squads to reinforce in case of injuries and better manage their finances - allows them to invest only as much as they need to be competitive, rather than buy too many players in Summer in the off-chance they'll get X number of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back