Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who's the bigger spud out of Gashssen & Solgasho? Now there's a fun poll!!

Soldado was good everywhere bar here. But let's forget that

These "nicknames" are so lame.
started with Pele jr and now the snowball is so big. Everyone can have a s**t nickname now that he paved the way ;)

moomba what's the story with the Jadon Sancho transfer? BVB say they signed him for £170k but the Telegraph say it was around £10m.
Don't really know. It's pretty widely reported over here it was £8-10m. Could have signed him to a youth contract for next to nothing but as they signed him on a senior contract they had to come to an agreement with us apparently.

But I don't know the rules on that, or whether Dortmund would be likely to pay the extra to get him in the senior squad right away. Being in the senior squad might have even be something Sancho demanded before agreeing to the move.

I feel a lot better with the idea that we got a decent fee for him (and a sellon) so I'm going to stick with the £10m story for no reason other than I hope it's true.

Another one of our kids has joined Dortmund by the looks. Denzeil Boadu, we signed him after he was released from Arsenal iirc. Looked good but has had a horror time with injury for the last couple of years.

We're hoping to hear something about Silva this week. He was in the director's box for the game.

Funny thing that FIFA. Accepts bribes, encourages corruption, yet when a player is caught in limbo, unable to play for four months, because of a few seconds, that's enough for them.

At least De Gea played on with United. Silva can't even play for us, because we didn't register him on time, can't play for Sporting, because he's not their player any more, and can't sign for anyone else because it breaks the 2 club a season rule. He can't play at all for 4 months due to freak circumstances.

What ever happened for the good of the game if a player cannot even play?

We're hoping to hear something about Silva this week. He was in the director's box for the game.

Funny thing that FIFA. Accepts bribes, encourages corruption, yet when a player is caught in limbo, unable to play for four months, because of a few seconds, that's enough for them.

At least De Gea played on with United. Silva can't even play for us, because we didn't register him on time, can't play for Sporting, because he's not their player any more, and can't sign for anyone else because it breaks the 2 club a season rule. He can't play at all for 4 months due to freak circumstances.

What ever happened for the good of the game if a player cannot even play?
That only applies for registration, doesn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these last second deals bring me back to finishing high school assignments on the day they were due. Couple of mine were even submitted a few hours after class finished but at least my teachers were more forgiving than FIFA :) :)
Finish? Try start. No pressure like starting uni assignments on the due date. :p

riiiight ,jose
Your massive spending on the likes of Pogba didnt change the market at all !
Gareth bale purchased for 86 million pounds euro while Pogba was purchased for 89 million pounds so a 3% increase and the only increases via percentage from the last record to be under 3% are Ronaldo in 96 which was a 2% increase from the last record and the only transfers to be near 3% are Figo in 2000 with 4 % over the last record and lastly Jonny Morris in in 1949 again with 4% from the last record

So in reality The pogba deal did not change the market but was a world record deal with a small increase on the past one which has been quite rare for world record fees.

Transfers.

We transferred him, but didn't register in time (despite the fact we started it before deadline, and only one sheet didn't make it in time. This grey area will be one of our attack paths.)

He can't even train with the main group.
Would it be similar to clubs that sign a player and then can't get a work permit? Can you loan him out somewhere (ie: back to Sporting?) so he can at least play?

Would it be similar to clubs that sign a player and then can't get a work permit? Can you loan him out somewhere (ie: back to Sporting?) so he can at least play?

Mostly, only in this case, they could if we loaned him to another English club within the window (whereas in the WP case, they couldn't play in England), but that means we can't play him due to the rules (and well, the fact that the loan window for league clubs is closed).

We can't send him back to Sporting as I believe the windows for both of our countries closed by the time we got an answer.

At this point in time, I think the only clubs we could loan him to would be non-league, but if he does that, he can't play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back