Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we apparently threw 90 million at Monaco without even selling Cout. So the money is there.

Not too worried about getting the positions we need and Lemar. Particularly is Cout goes. If Coutinho isnt sold, then we have no need for Lemar.
Do you genuinely believe you threw 90m at Monaco? Seems outrageously out of character for FSG.

Well we apparently threw 90 million at Monaco without even selling Cout. So the money is there.

Not too worried about getting the positions we need and Lemar. Particularly is Cout goes. If Coutinho isnt sold, then we have no need for Lemar.
Dont know about that. It was deadline day stuff. I dont think any deal was in place for Coutinho and that if we got Lemar, Cout would go. Particularly after we had come out all summer and defiantly said he was not for sale!
We said the same thing about Sanchez all summer, and then on deadline day offered huge money for Lemar. If that deal went through we would have sold Sanchez to City. Imagine it was a much similar situation with you and Coutinho > Barca.

Personally I hope we go for Fekir instead of Lemar, should be cheaper and creates much more end product, perfect replacement for Sanchez. Lemar's best position is attacking midfielder which is not an area we should be spending huge $$$ on unless Ozil goes.

Lol @ City wanting Sanchez. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were still after him. Pep needs more world class players on their bench to win the league.
God help us if he ends up there.

Kind of jealous of the squad they are buying. Not sure Roman will be able to keep up with their spending.

Lol @ City wanting Sanchez. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were still after him. Pep needs more world class players on their bench to win the league.
Wouldn't surprise me either. On a free in the summer it makes perfect sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• antoine griezmann aparently barca bound
  • united looking at moving on myki to make room for ozil according to a rag
  • some turkish paper has said ozil has told fenerbache he will be joining united next season(why he would go back to turkey now who knows)
  • chelsea are willing to bid 80m for lemar
  • steven n'zonzi apparently arsenal bound for 35m
  • moyes wants wilshere to join west ham
  • alen pardrew wants danny ings on loan
  • sam allardyce wants watford's troy deeney to join everton
  • marca saying barca will bid for daley blind in january
  • diario gol(probably rubbish source) say klopp wants to replace coutinho with kovacic
  • Liverpool have joined Napoli in showing an interest in Atletico Madrid full-back Sime Vrsaljko
  • Chelsea and Manchester United both scouting heavily Augsburg left-back Philipp Max
  • mou has approached chelsea about willian

Liverpool have joined Napoli in showing an interest in Atletico Madrid full-back Sime Vrsaljko
We've got Gomez, Arnold and Clyne (and Flanagan) at RB. No need to buy another.

Last edited:
We've got Gomez, Arnold and Clyne (and Flanagan) at RB. No need to buy another.

Not necessarily. Going after him can mean that Gomez moves to CB and would also tell us that Clyne's injury is even worse than they have made on. I also personally think Clyne's time at he club is up if they seriously want to develop TAA and Gomez (if they keep him at RB). Flanno doesn't even get a look in anymore.

• some turkish paper has said ozil has told fenerbache he will be joining united next season(why he would go back to turkey now who knows)
  • diario gol(probably rubbish source) say klopp wants to replace coutinho with kovacic
  • Liverpool have joined Napoli in showing an interest in Atletico Madrid full-back Sime Vrsaljko
  • Chelsea and Manchester United both scouting heavily Augsburg left-back Philipp Max
56CAA3BB-2699-4B8A-B31C-3D6BFCDA3184.gif

Not necessarily. Going after him can mean that Gomez moves to CB and would also tell us that Clyne's injury is even worse than they have made on. I also personally think Clyne's time at he club is up if they seriously want to develop TAA and Gomez (if they keep him at RB). Flanno doesn't even get a look in anymore.
Gomez is a good defensive RB. Would rather get another CB to partner with Matip and have Gomez stay back as a RB to make a quasi back 3.

We said the same thing about Sanchez all summer, and then on deadline day offered huge money for Lemar. If that deal went through we would have sold Sanchez to City. Imagine it was a much similar situation with you and Coutinho > Barca.

Personally I hope we go for Fekir instead of Lemar, should be cheaper and creates much more end product, perfect replacement for Sanchez. Lemar's best position is attacking midfielder which is not an area we should be spending huge $$$ on unless Ozil goes.
I think the Sanchez and Coutinho saga's were far different. Coutinho's seemed far more public with Barca spouting ridiculous s**t every day which forced us into publically saying he is not for sale. Would have been tough for the owners to go back on that.

You should put these all on a word document and let's see how many come true.
Less than 5% is my guess.

Yeah I feel a lot depends on how Clyne comes back. If he comes back well then I think we are fine with him and TAA coming through who is a huge talent. Gomez can obviously play there too but his future lies in the center or defense I feel.

You should put these all on a word document and let's see how many come true.
Less than 5% is my guess.
i dont actually think they will happen was bored during the ashes tea break and had a look and copy pasted for shits and giggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back