Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant say i blame him. His treatment was pretty shithouse.

Interesting seeing guys like Batman, Ake, Kenedy, Zouma etc who were deemed not good enough by Conte perform well elsewhere. Could save our next manager a bit of cash recalling or make some cash selling.
Wouldn't say that's just down to Conte, is a trend with most youth players you sell to PL clubs.

Real could afford it im sure but dont think we will sell. Well we obviously wont and Salah isnt kicking up a fuss. Everything he has said is actually that he is right where he wants to be. So all good signs. Not worried about the summer at all.

Actually looking forward to it. I dont think we selling any of our best players for once and will only be adding quality like the incoming Naby Keita.

New contract not too far away for Salah. 150k / week wage rising to 200k if all bonuses are hit.

It is absolutely absurd that Salah is on 90k / week when Sterling is on 180k / week. Half the wage but twice the player.

New contract not too far away for Salah. 150k / week wage rising to 200k if all bonuses are hit.

It is absolutely absurd that Salah is on 90k / week when Sterling is on 180k / week. Half the wage but twice the player.
It's all relative when it comes to how much a club has. Most of our top players are on around 80-120k with 1 or 2 between 120-200k.

Man City and Man United could probs have 3 or 4 players over 200k with 1 or 2 of those on over 300k.

There comes a time where Liverpool needs to stand up to Barca/Real and say **** off. Hes are our player and hes not going anywhere.

It's always an interesting argument with players employment "rights" owned by clubs. You don't see it anywhere else outside of sports.

If i wanted to walk out of my job tomorrow there's literally nothing stopping me from doing it, yet we hold footballers to a higher standard.

Do you think its fair that if Salah (or any player) isn't allowed to double or triple their wages on the grounds that their employment "right" is owned by a club for x amount of years?

Interesting indeed....

It's always an interesting argument with players employment "rights" owned by clubs. You don't see it anywhere else outside of sports.

If i wanted to walk out of my job tomorrow there's literally nothing stopping me from doing it, yet we hold footballers to a higher standard.

Do you think its fair that if Salah (or any player) isn't allowed to double or triple their wages on the grounds that their employment "right" is owned by a club for x amount of years?

Interesting indeed....

Plenty of contract jobs out there where a higher wage than normal is offered on the premise that the employee is committed to a certain length of employment.

Don't like it don't sign. These players get paid if they are injured and unable to do their job on the other side of the coin. I don't see too much wrong with the current setup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of contract jobs out there where a higher wage than normal is offered on the premise that the employee is committed to a certain length of employment.

Don't like it don't sign. These players get paid if they are injured and unable to do their job on the other side of the coin. I don't see too much wrong with the current setup.
They live the dream. Id sign in a heartbeat.

Yeah a raise was always on the cards with how he has been traveling. Every cent is well earned too.

Interesting indeed....

I guess if hes signed a contract with a club they are entitled to hold him to it.

Ummm the premise can be whatever you want it to be and it doesn't mean jack s**t, your employer can't legally cant stop you from leaving your job.

You get paid workers comp for being injured too? You get days off for being sick too?

It's always amusing that any "normal" employee would be completely up in arms about having their employment rights shat all over; How would you like it if your employer could stop you from taking another job? Nah you'd hate it but footballers have to because we have some kind of obsessive "ownership" over them.

I guess if hes signed a contract with a club they are entitled to hold him to it.

Of course they are and with footballers there are specific rules to stop them from leaving. That's why there are transfer fees....a form of compensation for the breaking of those contracts.

I merely find it interesting that some people are quick to dismiss the rights most of us take for granted.

Ummm the premise can be whatever you want it to be and it doesn't mean jack s**t, your employer can't legally cant stop you from leaving your job.

You get paid workers comp for being injured too? You get days off for being sick too?

It's always amusing that any "normal" employee would be completely up in arms about having their employment rights shat all over; How would you like it if your employer could stop you from taking another job? Nah you'd hate it but footballers have to because we have some kind of obsessive "ownership" over them.

Of course they are and with footballers there are specific rules to stop them from leaving. That's why there are transfer fees....a form of compensation for the breaking of those contracts.

I merely find it interesting that some people are quick to dismiss the rights most of us take for granted.

I think most of us would happily sign a contract for the sorts of wages footballers are getting these days. You can't compare what they do to a day to day job for an average joe like us.

I think most of us would happily sign a contract for the sorts of wages footballers are getting these days. You can't compare what they do to a day to day job for an average joe like us.

So because they earn more they should have less rights? Bit illogical.

How many of us would continue to get paid for 3 years if we were injured and unable to continue our jobs? Footballers are not exactly hard done by.
Most people. It's called disability pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back