Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton supposedly in “advanced talks” to sign Malcom from Bordeaux for £30m. 21yo Brazilian who is apparently a s**t hot talent, anyone know anything more about him? Sounds like a footy manager type
He was linked with us and Bayern I believe. Surely crap.

Meanwhile the other 3 players in his back 4 cost a total of 8 million pounds.
Not sure how this attempt to justify it makes it OK?

Not sure how this attempt to justify it makes it OK?
Who cares how much Allison costs or the rest of our back 5 costs. Klopp said those comments years ago. The transfer market has changed massively and until this summer, Klopp had a negative net spend at our club.

Im glad we splashed the cash on VVD. He's worth every penny and even though Allison isnt in the top 3-4 keepers in the world, he's a mammoth upgrade in a real area of need for us so again, im happy to splash the cash.

God knows everyone else spends huge money, we're apparently the 8th richest club on the planet. Time to show up.

Having said all that. Allison is not over the line yet.

malcom going to everton is entirely possible. the clubs who he has been linked to previously probably couldn't find a consistent starting role for him. put in a season or two of consistent performances and then he gets that 'bigger' move.

Is Malcolm going to play in the middle?

'Sky sources' are running with it but I agree with you. At that price, surely someone bigger would be having a dip (with complete respect to Everton).
30m is also under what the rumour cost was last market. However Magma is right, more guaranteed game time but still at 30m bigger clubs could buy and loan out for the same result.

I'd say it's pretty obvious he wants to go to real

Well chuck in the request, pay the fee and he can go. Simple.

Nice edit.

I'd say it's pretty obvious he wants to go to real, whether real madrid pay the transfer fee is a different thing altogther

Its no secret Hazard only wants to go to Real if we want to sell, but as he said its our call and hes happy to stay if we dont want to.

Last edited:
Pool are putting together a great first 11. Just need a partner for VVD and a RB and theyre set.
Arnold, Clyne and Gomez is enough competition there at RB. I'm hoping Matip gets fit too, But will be tough for him to overtake the worlds best CB Lovren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im talking if you want to challenge for the Prem and stuff. You'd be looking to upgrade those OK guys.
I'm willing to give Arnold time to develop, he could be a good long term prospect and save the club millions.

For CB if Lovren or Matip can't be competent enough this season maybe next summer that might be a priority (Assuming we get a GK this window).

Im talking if you want to challenge for the Prem and stuff. You'd be looking to upgrade those OK guys.
Good luck to you sir.
Just wait until Jodly sees the best thing since sliced bread TAA referred to as ok.

That's a huge amount for a goalkeeper that isn't recognized as one of the top 3 or 4 in the world.

Not sure I believe it but there have been suggestions that there's a Salah tax in there. Apparently Roma feel they let Mo go for too little last summer.

Either way I agree it seems a huge amount of money when you consider the current world record fee for a keeper (Ederson) is just over half what we're looking like paying for Alisson, but given the rate at which the market has inflated over the last few years it's almost impossible to keep track of what 'fair value' is any more.

Not sure I believe it but there have been suggestions that there's a Salah tax in there. Apparently Roma feel they let Mo go for too little last summer.

Either way I agree it seems a huge amount of money when you consider the current world record fee for a keeper (Ederson) is just over half what we're looking like paying for Alisson, but given the rate at which the market has inflated over the last few years it's almost impossible to keep track of what 'fair value' is any more.
Courtois is going for around half the amount alisson is going for, so i wouldn't say it's fair value but if the "salah tax" is true then I guess it makes a little more sense

Courtois is going for around half the amount alisson is going for, so i wouldn't say it's fair value but if the "salah tax" is true then I guess it makes a little more sense
Courtois's price is also deflated by only having a year left of his contract.

Problem with TC is he only has 12 months to go and only wants to go to Madrid. Cant get a bidding war happening.

Just call him AJ. :D

Ali J brah

c41909344f4843c7b5904c002d102a5f.png

Arnold, Clyne and Gomez is enough competition there at RB. I'm hoping Matip gets fit too, But will be tough for him to overtake the worlds best CB Lovren.

Fabinho has also proven he can play RB to a very high standard, I wouldn't be surprised if Milner could make a decent fist of it too.

Not really an area of need. TAA will get first crack given his excellent performances in the second half of last season, and we have enough quality in depth that if he isn't up to it someone else inevitably will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back