Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Udinese does this too and farms them off to Granada and previously Watford before they were promoted...

Chelsea is way way way way worse than City in this regard, yet I'm not seeing flogs laying the boots into them
Not many are putting boots into Chelsea as they don't own other clubs that they can buy from for a below market rate.

Every transaction we make with a partner club needs to be reported to UEFA as part of FFP process.

If they think we are buying players under their value they can adjust our FFP returns downwards.

But you've already confirmed that you have no reason to think we are buying players for less than market value other than you just think we are.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20180814-092220_Samsung Internet.jpg

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Every transaction we make with a partner club needs to be reported to UEFA as part of FFP process.

If they think we are buying players under their value they can adjust our FFP returns downwards.

But you've already confirmed that you have no reason to think we are buying players for less than market value other than you just think we are.
They are unreported fees, but given it's happened 3 times I'd say it's a high chance.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
3 times? you do realise both mooy and lampard had expired contracts right?

you don't need to pay fees for unsigned players.
City rejected Saudi Arabia for Mooy so Manchester could sign him. Never talked about Lampard... There's a guy from NYC who just joined City this year.

Educated guess.
But there's no thought or research behind your guess, how can it be an educated one.

As stated, we report all related party transactions to UEFA. Do you really think they'd just let it slide if it wasn't fair market value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

City rejected Saudi Arabia for Mooy so Manchester could sign him. Never talked about Lampard... There's a guy from NYC who just joined City this year.
Mooy knocked back a $2m move to Al Nassr in 2015, not Melbourne City.

He moved to Manchester, and then Huddersfield in 2016.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mooy knocked back a $2m move to Al Nassr in 2015, not Melbourne City.

He moved to Manchester, and then Huddersfield in 2016.
Melbourne City have held firm on their promise not to sell Aaron Mooy during the upcoming January transfer window after rejecting what would have been a record deal.
Do you get tired of being wrong trying to defend City's blatant oil tycoon ways that have helped destroy football?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
who was a free agent.

mooy also wouldnt have moved to saudi arabia knowing european clubs were interested.

Do you get tired of being wrong trying to defend City's blatant oil tycoon ways that have helped destroy football?
Quotes from Mooy.

Al-Nassr made Melbourne a £2 million offer. “When I was looking to leave Australia that offer came in,” he said. “I was 25, I was thinking I’m getting older, to look at it as a good financial move or should I wait and hold out if something comes up at the end of the season. It’s a good job I didn’t do it as look where I am now.

Where my club deserves to be criticised I'll do it. I've criticised, players, managers, transfers,.ticket prices, decisions made by the club.

I've criticised our involvement with the other top clubs trying to redistribute TV income, I've criticised the amount of money champions league teams receive despite my.club being one of the biggest beneficiaries.

But I'm not going to criticise my club when I don't believe they've done nothing wrong. No matter how many people try to paint me as someone that does nothing but defend the club.

Quotes from him do not say he rejected it. Same as always, player gets talked to first then the club. Keep up.
Priceless.

Actual quotes from the person say "he" had a choice of taking the money or hold out for something better.

With a few months left on his contract do you really think if his preference was Saudi Arabia he wouldn't have gone there.

Come on, I know your trying to build yourself a bit of a reputation on here (for what I'm not sure yet). But a bit of common sense is in order surely.

BTW I am enjoying Everton fans having a go at the integrity of our owner.

Last edited:
No, he wasn't.

Also that's the point, they let him run out so they could get him for Free, instead of selling. Deliberate ploy.
He wasn't a free or they let his contract run out. Make up your mind.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Priceless.

Actual quotes from the person say "he" had a choice of taking the money or hold out for something better.

With a few months left on his contract do you really think if his preference was Saudi Arabia he wouldn't have gone there.

Come on, I know your trying to build yourself a bit of a reputation on here (for what I'm not sure yet). But a bit of common sense is in order surely.

BTW I am enjoying Everton fans having a go at the integrity of our owner.
Common sense says in that article there is no definitive quote that says he rejected it. Keep up, or do I have to slow down for the less intelligent people?

Magma said he was a free to which you replied:

No, he wasn't.

Also that's the point, they let him run out so they could get him for Free, instead of selling. Deliberate ploy.

Simple fact, no club in the world is going to turn down $2m in January just to let a player go anywhere in a few months time including to the club that offered $2m. It's a totally ridiculous idea.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Magma said he was a free to which you replied:

Simple fact, no club in the world is going to turn down $2m in January just to let a player go anywhere in a few months time including to the club that offered $2m. It's a totally ridiculous idea.
Magma was talking about the other person signed by Manchester City from NYC. Keep. Up.

And yes they are when they are going to make a profit on him later. Simple economics dear mumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back