Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was annoyed when Sterling left. Whilst he's been very good at City, we havent really missed him. Mane replaced him easily.

But yeah he's miles better than Gray.

Wouldn’t say that we haven’t missed him. First season without him, we were incredibly reliant on Mane. Only have to look at how we struggled when he went to the AFCON. Last year, we could have definitely used a fourth forward of Sterling’s quality to play in our squad, see the CL Final for one.

It’s another question as to whether we’d have bought Salah or Mane if we still had Sterling, or if they’d achieved the same heights, but I’d certainly rather have Sterling than not have him.

Closes on the 31st. IIRC the actual time of day differs in different countries.
Serie A did similar to PL shutting on the Friday before opening weekend, though their season started a week later

Not sure about the other major leagues, seems Spain is still open though

Wouldn’t say that we haven’t missed him. First season without him, we were incredibly reliant on Mane. Only have to look at how we struggled when he went to the AFCON. Last year, we could have definitely used a fourth forward of Sterling’s quality to play in our squad, see the CL Final for one.

It’s another question as to whether we’d have bought Salah or Mane if we still had Sterling, or if they’d achieved the same heights, but I’d certainly rather have Sterling than not have him.
Oh sure you would rather have him than not. But one door closes. Another one opens. I dont reckon we have the team we have now if Sterling isnt sold. I dont think we have Mane or Salah. So in the end it was great that we sold him.

Oh sure you would rather have him than not. But one door closes. Another one opens. I dont reckon we have the team we have now if Sterling isnt sold. I dont think we have Mane or Salah. So in the end it was great that we sold him.

Our entire front 3 owes plenty to cashing in on Sterling. He hasn't been missed like Suarez was when he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leicester sign Benkovic for around 15 mil and then send him on loan to Celtic. Even Leicester are stockpiling talent these days..
Playing a season in the SPL will do nothing for the guy.

Leicester sign Benkovic for around 15 mil and then send him on loan to Celtic. Even Leicester are stockpiling talent these days..
Playing a season in the SPL will do nothing for the guy.

How can they sign someone?

I'd say so

Former Mainz player

That being said, are PSG lacking depth types? Sure a talented youf kid could do a similar role off the bench or whatever. Pretty underwhelming transfer if it happens.
They have super talented kids leaving all the time. You would think that Tuchel, with all the reputation he has for developing kids, could unearth someone in one of the best academies in world football to do...whatever it is that Choupo-Moting does well.

They have super talented kids leaving all the time. You would think that Tuchel, with all the reputation he has for developing kids, could unearth someone in one of the best academies in world football to do...whatever it is that Choupo-Moting does well.
I haven't seen much of Choupo-Moting, but all I know is he's a tall wing forward type, like a Chadli, Arnautovic etc

But yeah, potentially strange move

I haven't seen much of Choupo-Moting, but all I know is he's a tall wing forward type, like a Chadli, Arnautovic etc

But yeah, potentially strange move
Yeah I saw bits and pieces of him at Stoke and you could see what Stoke were thinking as a replacement for Arnautovic. Physically powerful winger but he just looked lost so often. Coming from Mainz he must have been schooled pretty well in pressing systems but I didn't see any coherent pressing work at Stoke, but possible that was Mark Hughes rabble team dragging his personal performance down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back