Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abraham loaned to Villa.
Why they sign new contracts just to repeatedly be loan fodder I'll never know.
It's a balancing act. Two, three even four loans can still be a positive thing. Look at Kane.

I'd be pretty wary though, clubs will sign you more to protect your resale value rather than develop you into a first team player. In that case I'd be looking for a new home.

It's a balancing act. Two, three even four loans can still be a positive thing. Look at Kane.

I'd be pretty wary though, clubs will sign you more to protect your resale value rather than develop you into a first team player. In that case I'd be looking for a new home.
Kane was loaned out til he was 20. Abraham will turn 21 this season. Not saying it's a bad thing, but he's going back down to the championship.

and he got very lucky. Underwhelmed on loan and didn’t get a look in during Redknapp. What happens if we don’t sack him in 2012??
He had an U21 coach in Sherwood who believed in him and when AVB got axed he got his chance. Even then he wasn’t first choice under Pochettino straight away.

This to me feels different.

Abraham loaned to Villa.
Why they sign new contracts just to repeatedly be loan fodder I'll never know.

Security. They sign a new deal so they know they still have a 'future' at their parent club, and if they go well it protects the parent club from the loan club luring the player away on the cheap.

From the players point of view it reassures them that they have long term security and aren't on the verge of being cut from a PL club and ending up in the wilderness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news for you guys. Only Arsenal from the top 6 are needing a new keeper in the PL. If they want him you'll get 50m + easily in today's market.
I'd honestly prefer to keep him. While the money would be nice, Kasper has been our man for a number of years. Love him as much as I've loved any player over the years.

Would be a dumb move to go to a club with the best CF in the league imo, not that i think he was even interested.

Villa seems a great move for him, hope he makes the most of it.
He'd play cup football and be on a PL bench. Not really a step up from his Swansea move but would be a level above going back down to the championship. I think if the clubs were on talking terms his people would have advised him to take the deal but it never would have got close to being accepted

He'd play cup football and be on a PL bench. Not really a step up from his Swansea move but would be a level above going back down to the championship. I think if the clubs were on talking terms his people would have advised him to take the deal but it never would have got close to being accepted

To me hes better off going somewhere hes a chance to play week in week out, not a couple of cup games.

I dont see the championship as a bad thing for him this season as hes only 20 and needs as many games as he can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back