Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lo Celso I believe has a buyout of over 60m. Would Spurs pay that?
Reports have said that we've already bit 60m euros, but who knows if that's true.

Given how much money we apparently have, after what Pochettino has said recently, and as a result of having to probably replace Eriksen and Alderweireld and find a new RB, I genuinely think we'll spend big this window. Wouldn't be surprised to see us break our record transfer a couple of times

We've apparently starting the bidding at 52m for Lo Celso. Expect our next bids to be 40m then 30m before turning our attention back to Jack Grealish
Hey, no reason we can't have both!

But seriously, I really, really want Grealish. Hope Derby win tonight.

18m bid for Gomes got rejected, we are willing to go to 25m apparently.

The hope is by going in early. Everton and Spurs aren't going to have enough time to react etc.

A 3 man midfield of Rice, Gomes and Wilshere / Noble would be pretty decent though.

Edimilson Fernandes is signing with Mainz for 8M quid apparently, will help with the Gomes transfer.

Fairly happy with that fee, don't think he was ever good enough to be a regular at Premier League level.

18m bid for Gomes got rejected, we are willing to go to 25m apparently.

The hope is by going in early. Everton and Spurs aren't going to have enough time to react etc.
Everton are not going to sit on their hands, If a 25mil bid is made, Everton will know about it and Barca will most likely ask them if they want to up the price. They want a bidding war.

I said it the other day, but we'll break our record transfer a couple of times this window imo. BBC reporting the bid is 53m pounds, and it's actually from the BBC, not their gossip column, which gives it some credibility.

Everton are not going to sit on their hands, If a 25mil bid is made, Everton will know about it and Barca will most likely ask them if they want to up the price. They want a bidding war.
Barcelona will want that, but then it's also a matter of whether Everton are willing to pay that also considering they may have to cut costs with their high earners etc.

I think we're in with a decent chance but we'll wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d argue the premier league has always had top talent, so it’s not really coming back.

Having the 2 best players in La Liga for so long skewed that a bit I reckon, starting to normalize back to the norm with all of the finances in the EPL for the top 6 clubs.

The two best players still aren’t in the premier league so I don’t see how anything has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back