Transfer discussion thread

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
I'd have Spurs back in the group with Chels/United/Arsenal TBH.

The battle for spots 3-8 or 9 is going to be intense.
Barf.

In the same group with a rudderless bunch with an unproven manager and sans their best player, and s**t strikers.
and, some skint blokes with 3,000 holes to plug.

Barf. Insulting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mike123

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus

Not sure if this has already been mentioned
He’s wasn’t going to win anything big with Roma, probably not good enough to move to a better club and wasn’t getting picked by the national team anymore so it’s a good time for him to cash in while he can.

DBAH0

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Texas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
At least I'm not Bobby Madley
My main issue with West Ham is that they've promised a lot in the last 3 seasons but have been underwhelming. They're more than capable of at least a Europa spot but they just haven't delivered.
I mean the season we came 6th or 7th under Bilic in his first season ended up being a bit of a flash in the pan, think that was the year United sacked Moyes and Rodgers left Liverpool.

Last season was probably the best we've performed for quite a while and that was after losing the first 4.

At least it feels like we have solid building blocks in place for the first time in a long time. Top 8 should be our target.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't know about anyone else but I feel this Harry Maguire stuff is just a load of clickbait by the media in attempt to pump his value up.

I don't think anyone is genuinely interested in him at the minute.

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
i dont understand arsenal paying 30 mil for a bloke to loan him out. he'd be what, nearly their 5th highest fee paid?

dont think arsenal really have time to fu** about with big fees on youth, especially when they already have some pretty good ones in nelson, rowe and others. if they think he's good enough to spend 30 mil on, play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latro

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
i dont understand arsenal paying 30 mil for a bloke to loan him out. he'd be what, nearly their 5th highest fee paid?

dont think arsenal really have time to fu** about with big fees on youth, especially when they already have some pretty good ones in nelson, rowe and others. if they think he's good enough to spend 30 mil on, play him.
Arsenal are paying 5 million this window and the remainder when he joins next season. I dont think ASSE would sell him without loaning him back either.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Sometimes clubs really want to hang onto players for another year. I reckon if someone bought Sessengon for 30mil a year or 2 ago, he might have been loaned back to Fulham for 1 last season as a condition.

99 Problems

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Is the release clause for Toby really £25m? If it is, I’m absolutely amazed no one has been in for him.
If it is, he must’ve decided he wants to stay at Spurs and isn’t interested in any offers. There would be a line of clubs knocking the door down for that price if not.

DBAH0

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Texas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
At least I'm not Bobby Madley
Looks like Gomez may be joining Valencia because Sullivan refused to pay his release clause in 1 go, wanted to do it over 7 years instead.

Our owners are wonderful sometimes.....

Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wolves might have second season syndrome for me, and they haven’t done any business yet
They signed Jimenez to a permanent for 38m and look like getting the young Mexican Alvarez.

Reports are Costa has agreed personal terms as well.

They don't exactly need add a whole bundle, they will get a boost from natural improvement, remembering Ruben Neves turned 22 at the end of last season...

They need some better credentialled defenders, which is why they want Alvarez, who can play all across the back 4...

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

Luckily for us, seems like we are only paying 5m upfront if the internet is to be believed with the rest being paid next season when he is actually in our squad.

Kind of sucks, I'm not going to torch Arsenal's window yet until it is over, but I would like to see more established players coming in.

There does seem to be a strategy forming of bringing in youth and structuring our squad around youth, with the likes of Willock, ESW, Reiss Nelson, Nketiah all being put in the senior squad, the likes of Saliba, Martinelli and (hopefully) Tierny also adding to this.

Would however, like to see some signings for the here and now while we have a golden boot striker leading our attack.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I don’t really see how Ndombele is a 10 point upgrade on Sissoko
French national team followers say he is basically Sissoko with control of what his feet do with the ball

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If it is, he must’ve decided he wants to stay at Spurs and isn’t interested in any offers. There would be a line of clubs knocking the door down for that price if not.
Not really considering his age and the long term hamstring issue he had. The one club I can't believe hasn't triggered it is Man United.

We are looking to get around it by offering Toby + 30m to Roma for Zaniolo.

pantskyle

Happy to meet
Oct 1, 2007
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
Not really considering his age and the long term hamstring issue he had. The one club I can't believe hasn't triggered it is Man United.

We are looking to get around it by offering Toby + 30m to Roma for Zaniolo.
Usually when a buyout clause is involved United wait until the clause is up and then buy the player for more.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Usually when a buyout clause is involved United wait until the clause is up and then buy the player for more.
It expires 2 weeks before the window closes so expect you to buy him for 60m 10 days before it closes?

Top Bottom