SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
They signed Jimenez to a permanent for 38m and look like getting the young Mexican Alvarez.

Reports are Costa has agreed personal terms as well.

They don't exactly need add a whole bundle, they will get a boost from natural improvement, remembering Ruben Neves turned 22 at the end of last season...

They need some better credentialled defenders, which is why they want Alvarez, who can play all across the back 4...
They're competing in Europa, they absolutely need a deeper squad.

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan
Not really considering his age and the long term hamstring issue he had. The one club I can't believe hasn't triggered it is Man United.

We are looking to get around it by offering Toby + 30m to Roma for Zaniolo.
He goes, Sanchez steps up and we look to get another depth defender (andersen perhaps)
Stays, Sanchez likely starts more often than not anyway.

Id be surprised if we can land Zaniolo though.

Clarke, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Ceballos and Zaniolo build a lot of depth in the middle.

And most of that without having to sell Eriksen

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
He goes, Sanchez steps up and we look to get another depth defender (andersen perhaps)
Stays, Sanchez likely starts more often than not anyway.

Id be surprised if we can land Zaniolo though.

Clarke, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Ceballos and Zaniolo build a lot of depth in the middle.

And most of that without having to sell Eriksen
Andersen I am pretty sure agreed terms with Lyon.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Inter,Man U
portugal segunda aka wolves will probably push top 4. united arsenal and chelsea falling down the pecking order.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not really considering his age and the long term hamstring issue he had. The one club I can't believe hasn't triggered it is Man United.

We are looking to get around it by offering Toby + 30m to Roma for Zaniolo.
Would like to see Lamela included in the Roma deal. Just don't think he will be useful going forward given how crocked he usually is. Would rather have a refresh of new attacking players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Apparently Barca are having such problems with cash flow right now that they had to pay their staff late last month

Concerns in the Barcelona financial department, in fact, have seen employees paid three days late for their June salary.
As such, their plan to have signed Griezmann by yesterday is running into difficulties as they haven't found a bank that will give them the 120m euros they need to pay his release clause

Top Bottom