Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you selling your best players? Are you the next Chelsea FC?
Toby has a low release clause (25mil), Eriksen might want a change of scenery either this window or next summer. Rose has fallen out of love with footy and while Trippier had a high profile world cup he didn't back it up last season.

Could say the same thing about Sessengon the season before with Fulham
And Fulham showed that with even 100m they didn't end up buying anyone decent.

You shouldn't expect promoted teams to sell their best players. If Norwich get relegated, they'll get a good fee for him still I'd imagine.

Excited by the Haller signing. Haven't seen him play but both Haller and Fornals have come in with big wraps and at 25 and 23 they should have their best years ahead of them.

Happy with what we've done so far, showing some real positive intent. I'm not comfortable with this optimism I have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I’d rather spend at right back, CM or a backup striker over an over hyped Sessegnon.

But I’m also open to the idea of signing none and promoting Kyle. He either needs to be backed and exposed at the level, or loaned and sign a replacement. This indicates we’re doing the brave option.

I’d still have Sessegnon low on our priority list too btw. Another CM and a backup CF are more pressing
LOL overhyped?

The guy was a two time Championship Team of the Season member by 18, the only non-PL player to be nominated for the PFA YPOTY award, and in his first PL season, at 18 as well, he tallied double figures goals and assists combined in a team that was relegated. He's still as big an English prospect as there is around imo.

LOL overhyped?

The guy was a two time Championship Team of the Season member by 18, the only non-PL player to be nominated for the PFA YPOTY award, and in his first PL season, at 18 as well, he tallied double figures goals and assists combined in a team that was relegated. He's still as big an English prospect as there is around imo.
Possibly. He's been compared to Bale as a similar trajectory, and we saw last season that he can't defend anywhere near as well as he can attack going forward, but as a whole, like Fulham he was rather trash last season.
We don't need a LW and may sell a LB. I'd rather spend 25-30m and snatch Tierney.

Why spend that much on a guy who'll be on the bench as an attacker? Especially when another CM and a CF are needed.
Very low on my priority list for this summer

DBAH0 What do you think the lineup will look like next season?

This is what my hype line-up would be but not sure how it would work in practice.

————————— Fabianski ———————
Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
—————————— Rice —————————
Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Fornals - Anderson
—————————- Haller ————————-

Last edited:
I'd say that looks about right at least at home.

Away we may have 2 defensive mids so Noble in for say Lanzini.

Pellegrini loves Wilshere also, so there's a good chance he'd start I'd reckon.

DBAH0 What do you think the lineup will look like next season?

This is what my hype line-up would be but not sure how it would work in practice.

————————— Fabianski ———————
Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
—————————— Rice —————————
Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Fornals - Anderson
—————————- Haller ————————-
Surely Fornals plays as a 10?

Positive signs.

I'd say that looks about right at least at home.

Away we may have 2 defensive mids so Noble in for say Lanzini.

Pellegrini loves Wilshere also, so there's a good chance he'd start I'd reckon.
Reid finally back fit?

Reid finally back fit?
Yep played in the friendly today.

Problem is he's on 70k a week until 2023 and he's a backup at best behind Diop and Balbuena.

I was hoping we'd be able to sell either him or Ogbonna and bring in Maripan from Alaves but I doubt that will happen atm.

Surely Fornals plays as a 10?
I'd say so, but it depends if Pellegrini wants to go back to 4-4-2 at home especially.

We should play 4-1-2-2-1 though as Snarls had posted. Rice should be the holding midfielder no matter what, then it's whether he has a partner, or 2 number 10's in essence instead I guess.

Yep played in the friendly today.

Problem is he's on 70k a week until 2023 and he's a backup at best behind Diop and Balbuena.

I was hoping we'd be able to sell either him or Ogbonna and bring in Maripan from Alaves but I doubt that will happen atm.
He's 4.0 on fantasy so would be nice if he got a gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back