Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settled in defence?

Hilarious.

Their front three is great but they will need to win a lot of games 4-3 and 5-4 because they will concede goals for fun.

They've added Tierney and added a proven EPL defender in Luiz.

IMO those 2 are the difference between qualifying for CL and finishing in a EL spot. If they didn't sign them and didn't address the defence I'd have Arsenal outside the top 4. (Unless Man United signed a top winger or striker after Lukaku left, then I'd still have Arsenal outside the top 4).

Zero chance that Pogba is sold, unless RM offer 200m or more United would not even think about it.
Agree. Would take something epic to get him out now.
Eriksen could go either way

Could leave. Could leave in December. Could stay
Could even sign an extension with a release clause, meaning when a suitor comes he can go.

Mate, Luiz is nowhere near the player he was and the player he was wasn't that good to begin with. I'd love to see some numbers but I would hazard a guess that Luiz commits more defensive errors than almost every other CH at a top flight club. His ball playing ability masks his horrendous positioning, usually stemming from his irrational need to get forward at all costs. He was directly responsible for conceding 4 goals to Germany in less than 10 minutes of football in the 2014 WC SF and hasn't really learnt from the lessons dished out to him that day.

Tierney is a good prospect but he is straight out of the Scottish league so we don't know how he will stack up...much like Sessegnon at Spurs who was purchased for around the same fee but has some question marks.

They also lost the best CH they have had in a decade so I fail to see how they have strengthened in that area and it wasn't as if they were difficult to score against last season.

Jeez, thought it couldn't get worse than ours announcing Rudiger.
Arsenal went amazing, for a team with no budget they've pulled an all time window. They'll be challenging.

Chelsea did well all things considered. Pulisic looks to be a good signing.
Spurs have done well, probably one or two short.
City and Liverpool didn't need to do anything really.
United did excellent for defence but has fluffed the rest of it, sold no deadwood and didn't get any new midfielders or attackers. Another Woody special.
The other teams in the chasing pack strengthened well enough to be in calculations for a top 4-6 finish.
Which team wins the Golden Pants for the transfer window?
Krusty the Clown to Arsenal.

With that attack and that defense they are going to lose a lot of games 5-4.

Luiz is terrible. What a waste of 8 million quid.:D
Nah, he's alright.
Has moments but is generally pretty solid.

This transfer illustrates interesting human behaviour. 24 hours ago, supporters of both teams (arch enemies) loved and hated him (based on club support). The love and hate/dislike is still there, just flipped over!

He's a dud
He's a good player

He's a gun!!! Can't believe we got him!
Happy to see him gone. Absolute dud.
I don't think he's a dud.

Good player, sad that he's gone in that sense. But if he was being a disruptive influence then I'm glad Frank put the foot down.

Thought Spurs could/should have targeted a RB. Saw Atal and Hysaj linked, but nothing overly concrete

Dybala will feel like a let down because it looked close. But was really the cherry on top in the race.
Will be more of a case of what could have been.
Plan B should have been in place - unless that's keep Eriksen until Jan and try for Dybala again or another target.

Dan sums us all up imo. I agree with him. Glad Kyle will get a crack

How would you rate him against the other top CH's going around though?
I mean he was a starter at the club that finished third so... pretty up there.
Part of the defence that conceded the equal third least goals in the league too.

And for 8m in this market, pretty good buy.

Part of the defence that conceded the equal third least goals in the league too.

Would you say chelsea came out on top?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if I buy that logic. We had Kieren Trippier start in a CL Final and he is terrible.

Loaded question.

But I'll give you the answer your want. We'd be mightily pi**ed off to let an 80M quid talent go for nothing.

It's what Juve do though. If it is going to happen they probably are already sowing the seeds for it behind the scenes.

I wouldn't have thought harry McGuire would be a 75 million dollar better defender then luiz, not the perfect get for arsenal but now they can have a look around in later windows and not panic buy on someone. Good piece of business for them and Tierney is very highly rated and people banging on about hes from a lower league you gotta start somewhere.

Would you say chelsea came out on top?
Hard to say without knowing how disruptive he was being at training.
It leaves us short on CBs until Rudiger is back. So that's not ideal.
Dunno if I buy that logic. We had Kieren Trippier start in a CL Final and he is terrible.
I mean I also did watch him every game last season, he was good but prone to moments of dumb.
Like he's always been.

One thing I can say is it seems Luiz is a very polarizing topic.

Some think he's a clown with big hair and makes heaps of errors.

Others think he's terrific with the ball and an upgrade on what Arsenal have and is a cheap deal.

Settled in defence?

Hilarious.

Their front three is great but they will need to win a lot of games 4-3 and 5-4 because they will concede goals for fun.

I don't know where the idea the Arsenal defence is that bad, or will "concede goals for fun" comes from bar wishful thinking. They got smashed once last year by a rampaging Liverpool but take out that last month of capitulations they compare well with the teams around them and conceded less goals than United for example without the hypotheticals. They conceded 1.3gpg last season and would look to vastly improve on that adding Tierney and Luiz and having Bellerin and Holding return from injury. They also need much more help from mids like Xhaka and Guendouzi, and hopefully Ceballos will be able to fill the role of Ramsey who will be a big loss.

At that, it's not to say they're brilliant and they certainly need work. If anything we're most vulnerable in goals, we'd hope Leno is better for the year in the system but the trio of Leno/Martinez/Macey is a worry particularly if injuries happen.

I don't know where the idea the Arsenal defence is that bad, or will "concede goals for fun" comes from bar wishful thinking. They got smashed once last year by a rampaging Liverpool but take out that last month of capitulations they compare well with the teams around them and conceded less goals than United for example without the hypotheticals. They conceded 1.3gpg last season and would look to vastly improve on that adding Tierney and Luiz and having Bellerin and Holding return from injury. They also need much more help from mids like Xhaka and Guendouzi, and hopefully Ceballos will be able to fill the role of Ramsey who will be a big loss.

At that, it's not to say they're brilliant and they certainly need work. If anything we're most vulnerable in goals, we'd hope Leno is better for the year in the system but the trio of Leno/Martinez/Macey is a worry particularly if injuries happen.
The delusion is strong with you blokes.

Dan sums us all up imo. I agree with him. Glad Kyle will get a crack

definitely great to see KWP get a crack
But if we sell Aurier, he is our only option.

No pressure on the kid.
Keep Aurier, and depth is ok. Foyth an option. In a pinch, so are Dier & Alder.

line up will be interesting. Once everyone is fit, there are a lot of players to squeeze in.
First time i can recall a spurs line up so deep we are likely to have ~3 starting XI quality players on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back