Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
City have done a great job in recruiting the right players no doubt, a lot of there rotation/squad players would be starting in most other teams, the money they have and ability to just brush whatever transfer mistakes they make under the carpet gives them an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition, there's no question in my mind about that.

City have done a great job in recruiting the right players no doubt, a lot of there rotation/squad players would be starting in most other teams, the money they have and ability to just brush whatever transfer mistakes they make under the carpet gives them an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition, there's no question in my mind about that.
An advantage over Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs, and the rest below, but not over Chelsea and United.

United in particular have spent a fortune since Sir Alex left. They’ve just wasted most of it

But you're saying we sat him on the bench.

And glen's mention of his games played/started last year prove your theory wrong.
Not really Cruyffy. Follow it back and the discussion starts about how much money (pre transfer boom) they spent on him, chook then infers he was frozen out.

So pykie is right to point out he was injured.

City spent £60 million last season on mahrez who is a squad/rotation player and would still be this season if sane didn't go down

Yet he still played more minutes for City than Keita for Liverpool who spent roughly the same amount on him as City/Mahrez? Who operated similarly as a squad player last season?

Fred was an unused sub 17 times last season for Utd and cost them 59m.

All clubs have instances of it, including Arsenal in Mkhi and Mustafi.

An advantage over Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs, and the rest below, but not over Chelsea and United.

United in particular have spent a fortune since Sir Alex left. They’ve just wasted most of it

Give me 20 examples.

City spent £60 million last season on mahrez who is a squad/rotation player and would still be this season if sane didn't go down
People said the same about Bernardo the season before.

why would we entertain a knock down price?

because you don't have to pay his wages for 12 months while he recovers if you sell him now. and by then hell have 1 year left, bayern should be able to negotiate a reduced fee if they still want to sign him right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because you don't have to pay his wages for 12 months while he recovers if you sell him now. and by then hell have 1 year left, bayern should be able to negotiate a reduced fee if they still want to sign him right now.
selling elite talent in any circumstance is a daft idea

selling elite talent in any circumstance is a daft idea

of course, get him to sign a new contract. if he doesn't and looks like he will probably join Bayern in 12 months time you surely are better off selling him now if Bayern are ready to do a deal. not like he will be on the pitch any time soon.

Isn’t that more than Barca paid?

I'd like to see the breakdown of the transfer fee. It was 145m but there was a lot of add ons which Liverpool won't get.

What was the story behind Sane? Was he getable for 100mil and Bayern didn’t pay? Or did City flat out say he’s not for sale?

AFAIK we had agreed to terms with Sane but hadnt negotiated the transfer fee with City. I believe they were asking 120m, Bayern offering closer to 90m and probably would have met somewhere closer to City's price had he not ended up injured.

I'd like to see the breakdown of the transfer fee. It was 145m but there was a lot of add ons which Liverpool won't get.

AFAIK we had agreed to terms with Sane but hadnt negotiated the transfer fee with City. I believe they were asking 120m, Bayern offering closer to 90m and probably would have met somewhere closer to City's price had he not ended up injured.

Apparently it was 105m up front and then 4m for every 25 appearances, 4m for every quarter final in the CL and 4m for every trophy. So far that's 129m out of 145m paid.

I think we should claim 4m from Barca per trophy you guys win this season :)

I'd hope we'd still be looking to extend/improve Sane's contract.

I don't think there is a great appetite at the club to reward Bayern's tactics by accepting a knock down deal.

Obviously you dont want to let a player go like Sane. I assume getting him to sign a new deal would be a high priority for Pep.

If it looks like he wont sign and is simply waiting to recover from injury before heading off to Bayern surely you guys are better off selling him now and not paying his wages for the season. Cant think of too many clubs who could turn down a transfer for a want away player injured for the next 12 months who by that stage will only have 12 months left on their contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back