Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp is a big fan apparently, but I’d hazard a guess every club in England would be in that basket! If/when he decides to come back to England, it’ll be all out war for his signature with a fee that could be in the €150m stratosphere if he continues on his current trajectory. Would/could we pay that? Who knows. Interesting that we opted to keep our coin purse shut and save all of our pennies this summer.
€150m for Salahs back up?

Klopp is a big fan apparently, but I’d hazard a guess every club in England would be in that basket! If/when he decides to come back to England, it’ll be all out war for his signature with a fee that could be in the €150m stratosphere if he continues on his current trajectory. Would/could we pay that? Who knows. Interesting that we opted to keep our coin purse shut and save all of our pennies this summer.

That’s the thing - like, there becomes a point where it may be just too hard to move a player, and then it becomes an issue for the selling team. I think we’ve probably got one more season, at max two, with Sancho on the wing, and you could never begrudge him for wanting to go home and play. But I just wonder if clubs know this, and are keeping money tight and waiting for the moment he tells Zorc and Watzke he wants to go home.

Sancho at an English club has the ability to be as iconic as Beckham at MU - without overreacting, he’s a generational talent and will be worth the fees in shirt sales and exposure alone. If pulisic is worth 60m to Chelsea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30m release clause seems like a bit of charity on Werner's part. Will still be surprised if he isn't either in the Prem League or Bayern next year
He’s getting a pay rise I’d assume though.

Hopefully the PL transfer window closing early is either scrapped or imposed Europe wide. Not ideal that foreign teams are able to unsettle PL players when PL clubs are unable to replace them if they leave until Jan window.
Everything should be done before the season starts.

Everything should be done before the season starts.

It should be and that works if the transfer window is closed europe wide before the start of the season.

Either the window closes early Aug for all leagues or 31st Aug for all leagues. PL window closing early by itself is a joke. Believe Poch has also expressed his dissatisfaction about it also.

It should be and that works if the transfer window is closed europe wide before the start of the season.

Either the window closes early Aug for all leagues or 31st Aug for all leagues. PL window closing early by itself is a joke. Believe Poch has also expressed his dissatisfaction about it also.

Why would Spain, Italy or France want to do that?

They now have a clear advantage over the English market and in some cases their direct competitors in European competitions.

Just because England implemented it? The English FA shouldn't have formalised it until all competitions or at least UEFA tried to blanket incorporate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back