Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be interesting to see how she goes.

WSL is pretty competitive at the moment.

Odd comment.

Shes one of the best few in the world for a reason and it's not solely based on her Australian form.

She scored 34 in 40 in historically the best domestic comp in the world with 3 golden boots, 2 MVP's on the trot and shes also the all-time leading scorer in the competition all whilst missing major chunks of games for national team commitments and goes 1 in 2 for one of the best national teams in the world.

I think she will be fine quietly, the majority of the players of the FA WSL will be beneath her, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how she goes.

WSL is pretty competitive at the moment.
Odd comment.

Shes one of the best couple in the world for a reason and it's not solely based on her Australian form.

She scored 34 in 40 in historically the best domestic comp in the world with 3 golden boots on the trot in that comp despite national team commitments and goes 1 in 2 for one of the best national teams in the world.

I think she will be fine quietly.

+ 5th in the Balon d’Or last year. I suspect the issue will be whether the rest of the league can meet her standard rather than whether she can meet theirs.

Odd comment.

Shes one of the best couple in the world for a reason and it's not solely based on her Australian form.

She scored 34 in 40 in historically the best domestic comp in the world with 3 golden boots on the trot and the all-time leading scorer of that comp despite national team commitments and goes 1 in 2 for one of the best national teams in the world.

I think she will be fine quietly.

I'm not suggesting she won't be fine. Just interested to see what she can achieve in the league. Nothing more, as I said when she was first linked to Chelsea I would have liked her to come to City.

[edit]Just re-reading my post, the competitiveness of the league wasn't directed at Kerr and whether she'll cope with it.

Just that there's a lot of quality at the top and this could put Chelsea right up there with Arsenal and City. It's a good comp.

Spurs/United/Arsenal should be all over Ndidi, would make them significantly better teams.

Why would Spurs or Arsenal conceivably be able to poach one of Leicesters best players? Even the gloss is wearing off Utd these days, despite the wages they would be able to offer.

It's not 2016, Leicester have built a formidable young squad off the back of their increased revenue, look set to qualify for the Champions League again and have proven it wasn't really a fluke. If anything the wage gap is going to just become considerably shorter.

He's also only 22 years old as well.

Leicester is pretty much a sideways move from Spurs, Arsenal etc these days.

They'd want to be packing 80m+ for Leicester to sell to a direct rival for a top 4 spot.

Why would Spurs or Arsenal conceivably be able to poach one of Leicesters best players? Even the gloss is wearing off Utd these days, despite the wages they would be able to offer.

It's not 2016, Leicester have built a formidable young squad off the back of their increased revenue, look set to qualify for the Champions League and have proven it wasn't really a fluke. Ff anything the wage gap is going to just become considerably shorter.

They'd want to be packing 80m+ for Leicester to sell to a direct rival for a top 4 spot.
We poached Kante when we finished 10th and they won the league.

Money talks.

We poached Kante when we finished 10th and they won the league.

Like I said, it's not 2016.

I think there was still some reservations as how they would respond as a club after winning the title, they've consolidated and rebuilt. They've proven that they are smart spenders, as well as attracting quality young players of the level that only the likes of Spurs, Arsenal etc could attract to the league.

They are sitting second and will more than likely be back in the CL next year, have more revenue than they did in 2016 and their wage structuring and quality of their entire roster reflects how far they've come from even 2016.

The funny thing is, if Spurs/Arsenal/Utd did come in and spend 80-100m on him, it's actually going to be completely counter productive to their chances, I think other than City and Liverpool, they are the side I see most likely to turn that 100m into significantly strengthening their squad even further and only making their claims for one of those top 4 spots even stronger.

They have a very good eye for talent at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember they sold Maguire and didn't even spend money on a replacement because they already had Soyoncu.

They've also got Benkovic over at Celtic waiting in the wings....

It's not 2016, Leicester have built a formidable young squad off the back of their increased revenue, look set to qualify for the Champions League again and have proven it wasn't really a fluke. If anything the wage gap is going to just become considerably shorter.

Player power.

it is amazing that they have not missed a beat despite that. If you take away reputations Leister is a better offering than all clubs except maybe three currently.
Can’t see Leicester breaking into the echelon of the big clubs in England. Certainly looking good for them this season though, and if they keep the team together this time for the following seasons also

Can’t see Leicester breaking into the echelon of the big clubs in England. Certainly looking good for them this season though, and if they keep the team together this time for the following seasons also

I agree with that. However, if you were a player looking for an opportunity to win in the next few years and to play CL football for the next few years can ManU/Arsenal/Tottenham offer that? And all of them are hardly clearly on the right path either. Every other player at Tottenham wants to leave, Arsenal are apparently getting a new manager (again) and ManU are hardly settled in any way.

As I said if you take away the reputations Leister is a better (short term) offering.

I agree with that. However, if you were a player looking for an opportunity to win in the next few years and to play CL football for the next few years can ManU/Arsenal/Tottenham offer that? And all of them are hardly clearly on the right path either. Every other player at Tottenham wants to leave, Arsenal are apparently getting a new manager (again) and ManU are hardly settled in any way.

As I said if you take away the reputations Leister is a better (short term) offering.
I still think the allure of playing for a United or Arsenal and to be fair a Tottenham also would sway most players to those clubs. Often it simply comes down to money though and Leicester can’t match what United or Arsenal would offer. But they look like a really good destination for quality players to come to get their first fix of English football. Being in the CL league will only enforce that more

A lot of players are idiots who would rather sit on the bench at a United than in the CL with Leicester and for those I don't have much sympathy.

Who's doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back