Transfer discussion thread

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
United's problem isnt signing Ighalo now, it was not signing decent backup in the summer.

Left them in a position where were desperately seeking any old shit just to get a body in.

Ighalo is an interesting one. Had that great year or so, but it's been a while now. Low risk signing though.

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ighalo to United is hilarious. Uncanny how much everything about them at the moment reminds me of early 10's Liverpool. Seeing United fans rationalise it and try and make it in to a positive reminds me of what I used to do when we made shit signings like that. The guy scored 1 goal in his last season in the PL.
Where is this happening?

We just needed an extra body in the squad to be a third choice if Greenwood and Martial go down. I'd much, much rather take an average player on loan for that role than be forced to fork out for a better player who has no long term future with the club.

No one is trying to spin it into a positive because we all see it for what it is and are just glad to have some temporary cover should disaster strike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thistle

Premiership Player
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
I wouldn't mind a transfer window where English clubs can only buy and sell with each other until the season starts while the rest of window remains open but they can only do dealings with foreign clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
True. Going back to the end of August does come with problems though.
It's more of a PL problem with the other leagues starting later. That's the main reason it has failed and ended up disadvantaging PL clubs in the summer transfer window.

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
sky and betting companies would want it later and really that's what matters.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Disappointed that the whole of Europe couldn't agree on the window opening right after the CL final up until the season starts.

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
The bit that I don't like is clubs going through the first part f the season with incomplete squads cause they want to leave their purchases to the last minute.

Also when players aren't in the right frame of mind to play the first month leading up to a later deadline.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Looks like Lallana isnt signing a new deal at LFC. Shame, classy player let down by injuries.

Leicester leading the pack for his signature with Spurs/Arsenal also keen.

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bayern want Firmino apparently. Not sure of their chances on that to be honest. Could only see one of the big two spainish clubs having a shot at prising him away

Top Bottom