Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that I was told that the big clubs couldn't help the smaller clubs because they would be suffering big losses themselves. I was skeptical but I was told it was certainly the case.
Well, certainly that is the case financially whoever told you that is not wrong there.

There are about 5 teams with rich owners most likely could bail one or two teams out still would not be enough.

Well, certainly that is the case financially whoever told you that is not wrong there.

There are about 5 teams with rich owners most likely could bail one or two teams out still would not be enough.

Meh if you can afford 110m fees, you've got nothing to cry about, and it looks like all the big clubs in England are going to be able to continue relatively unaffected, so no moomba wasn't right.

Meh if you can afford 110m fees, you've got nothing to cry about, and it looks like all the big clubs in England are going to be able to continue relatively unaffected, so no moomba wasn't right.
Only finished 2nd once in the 7 year span since fergie, while having one of the most incompetent executive vice-chairmen in any sport this world has seen and still in the top 3 for revenue.

I'm not crying at all. We could bailout a few teams for that matter.

Only finished 2nd once in the 7 year span since fergie, while having one of the most incompetent executive vice-chairmen in any sport this world has seen and still in the top 3 for revenue.

I'm not crying at all. We could bailout a few teams for that matter.

Sorry the you was a general you about clubs who can afford that fee, not you directly.

Gonna be difficult for Kane to move on now. Levy will want an unrealistic fee which the big guns are less likely to pay with his injury record and age. Don't reckon he goes anywhere.
When does his contract run out?

Because of a newspaper transfer rumour in March?

LOL.

FWIW I never said no club will be to cope financially, just the the vast majority will struggle as it is.

Because if a newspaper transfer rumour in March?

LOL.

No? I said if you can afford those fees. It has nothing to do with newspaper rumours. Memphis agreed that his club would be able to support smaller clubs, which is all the conversation settled around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No? I said if you can afford those fees. It has nothing to do with newspaper rumours. Memphis agreed that his club would be able to support smaller clubs, which is all the conversation settled around.
I know you love a good "I told you so" but I think you've gone a bit early tbh.

FWIW I think United is one that might struggle. High levels of debt, high revenue in ordinary times but this isn't ordinary times. And an ownership that may we'll need funds to prop up their main business.

I think all football clubs, even the richer ones will be eagerly looking to see what support they'll get from government/authorities.

FWIW I think United is one that might struggle. High levels of debt, high revenue in ordinary times but this isn't ordinary times. And an ownership that may we'll need funds to prop up their main business.

I think all football clubs, even the richer ones will be eagerly looking to see what support they'll get from government/authorities.

Your friends at UEFA have already announced FFP concessions to mitigate the impact of Corona.

Guess it'll be great to see fees dropping back down to 20m being seen as excessive, but hey, I won't be holding my breath.

Guess it'll be great to see fees dropping back down to 20m being seen as excessive, but hey, I won't be holding my breath.
I wouldn't because the probably won't.

But I think you've totally misunderstood what I was saying anyway.

Your friends at UEFA have already announced FFP concessions to mitigate the impact of Corona.
That will help some clubs, and if owner funded clubs keep spending that will help the industry as a whole.

But the authorities have got to do more than just rely on a few rich people to get the industry back on its feet.

Maybe they could dip into their own funds?

I wouldn't because the probably won't.

But I think you've totally misunderstood what I was saying anyway.

Or perhaps you misunderstood me when I suggested the mega clubs should be the ones helping to support the lower leagues since the money required is a fraction of their income. Yes everyone will take some sort of a hit, but United aren't threatened with their existence. York or Newport are.

Or perhaps you misunderstood me when I suggested the mega clubs should be the ones helping to support the lower leagues since the money required is a fraction of their income. Yes everyone will take some sort of a hit, but United aren't threatened with their existence. York or Newport are.
The whole debate was someone can't remember who suggesting the premier League should put in £100m to support local clubs.

My point was that the vast majority of clubs are going to be a difficulty as it is.

Including United imo who will probably lose £10m plus in match day revenue, tens of millions in TV revenue, and who knows what in lost sponsorship revenue down the track.

The FA has a load of money, government will need to support struggling clubs/players/staff. Why is it down to premier League clubs who have all taken a big hit on their finances?

The whole debate was someone can't remember who suggesting the premier League should put in £100m to support local clubs.

My point was that the vast majority of clubs are going to be a difficulty as it is.

Including United imo who will probably lose £10m plus in match day revenue, tens of millions in TV revenue, and who knows what in lost sponsorship revenue down the track.

The FA has a load of money, government will need to support struggling clubs/players/staff. Why is it down to premier League clubs who have all taken a big hit on their finances?
Government is not going to bail out football. Are you kidding me with the amount of money football makes? They’d be uproar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back