Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Government is not going to bail out football. Are you kidding me with the amount of money football makes? They’d be uproar
Football makes a hell of a lot of money for government as well.

Football makes a hell of a lot of money for government as well.
Indeed, but there’s no way the public are going to support money being ploughed into football (at least the upper tiers) when so many other businesses and sectors will require extensive support. No one is going to accept propping up an industry that pays its employers such extortionate wages. This crisis needs to be a huge wake up call for the industry and I think that’s the overall public consensus also

Indeed, but there’s no way the public are going to support money being ploughed into football (at least the upper tiers) when so many other businesses and sectors will require extensive support. No one is going to accept propping up an industry that pays its employers such extortionate wages. This crisis needs to be a huge wake up call for the industry and I think that’s the overall public consensus also

I think it would be more lower levels that the government would support. Save clubs that are usually a big part of local communities.

You're right, they won't (or shouldn't) be giving handouts to the top end although I think things like tax breaks and the like could be justified.

That will help some clubs, and if owner funded clubs keep spending that will help the industry as a whole.

But the authorities have got to do more than just rely on a few rich people to get the industry back on its feet.

Maybe they could dip into their own funds?

Not sure how much dosh they'll have after postponing Euro 2020 for a whole year. The loss of ticket revenue & tv revenues will hit UEFA hard so I imagine any dipping into their cash reserves will be to keep themselves financially stable.

I think it's fair the FA helps out lower league clubs through govt funding. It's a huge industry employing tens of thousands that could see huge job losses without any assistance.

PL / Championship clubs don't need govt help for obvious reasons. Maybe tax breaks on employees to encourage employment in the stand down period at most.

There’s going to be more crucial people in the queue for Gov handouts than football clubs imo. The Government is not really there to prop up an entertainment industry that needs to survive on its own merit, especially when there’s so much money in that sector at the highest echelons - which goes back to the argument SM was having. Football has the finances to sort itself out that’s the way the government would most likely see it

There’s going to be more crucial people in the queue for Gov handouts than football clubs imo. The Government is not really there to prop up an entertainment industry that needs to survive on its own merit, especially when there’s so much money in that sector at the highest echelons - which goes back to the argument SM was having. Football has the finances to sort itself out that’s the way the government would most likely see it
Yep. Even in Aus sporting codes have to help themselves, and the big cat clubs certainly, absolutely, have the means to prop up the lower leagues. But simply put they won't because they don't care, or need that 40m to spend on an Algerian left back from Spain.

Yeah no doubt, hes more talking in the future not next season. Which i guess is understandable.
still not fazed.
This would be nice.
So how many years will you buy central defenders before thinking there may be a deeper problem.

Seems every season Arsenal are buying centrebacks yet doubt anyone has a clue what the best pairing is.

The whole debate was someone can't remember who suggesting the premier League should put in £100m to support local clubs.

My point was that the vast majority of clubs are going to be a difficulty as it is.

Including United imo who will probably lose £10m plus in match day revenue, tens of millions in TV revenue, and who knows what in lost sponsorship revenue down the track.

The FA has a load of money, government will need to support struggling clubs/players/staff. Why is it down to premier League clubs who have all taken a big hit on their finances?

Slightly worried about us short term. Who knows what happens with this season and what European places get doled out. If we assume No CL next season then we have half a billion in stadium debt (some of it does have a long maturity tbf) and staff on covid19 paycuts due to our running costs being hundreds of millions of dollars so says the chairman.

Head coach and centre forward hell bent on success. Hmmmm
Sancho. Kane seems to be made of glass unfortunately.
Slightly unfair. He’s done his ankle I think 3-4 times. Twice being from scissor like tackle from the side or behind. Once being a sprain on the fake grass at the new stadium which has a bit of a gradient to it.

So this hamstring injury is his first non contact injury and you could argue from being overworked.

Slightly worried about us short term. Who knows what happens with this season and what European places get doled out. If we assume No CL next season then we have half a billion in stadium debt (some of it does have a long maturity tbf) and staff on covid19 paycuts due to our running costs being hundreds of millions of dollars so says the chairman.

Head coach and centre forward hell bent on success. Hmmmm

Slightly unfair. He’s done his ankle I think 3-4 times. Twice being from scissor like tackle from the side or behind. Once being a sprain on the fake grass at the new stadium which has a bit of a gradient to it.

So this hamstring injury is his first non contact injury and you could argue from being overworked.

Which is why he’d be great for us coming off the bench as our new Ole like super sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering he's never made any hints at wanting a move and is contracted until 2026 (or something else equally ridiculous), I'd imagine you'd have to put up a lot of money to convince him to leave.

The one thing in favour of the buying club is that he isn't entirely owned by Atleti - part of his rights were sold to some investment group (back before 3rd party deals were made completely illegal), and that deal apparently has a clause in it that they have final say over whether a bid is accepted for not.

More than likely this is just another story about Saul being bought that comes up every year but nothing ever comes of it.

Considering he's never made any hints at wanting a move and is contracted until 2026 (or something else equally ridiculous), I'd imagine you'd have to put up a lot of money to convince him to leave.

The one thing in favour of the buying club is that he isn't entirely owned by Atleti - part of his rights were sold to some investment group (back before 3rd party deals were made completely illegal), and that deal apparently has a clause in it that they have final say over whether a bid is accepted for not.

More than likely this is just another story about Saul being bought that comes up every year but nothing ever comes of it.
That's what i believed last 2 windows he has been "linked" with us but no action has been taking.

I would assume more of a Barca or Real deal is more likely for him.

Saul isnt going anywhere lol

We get linked with him by s**t newspapers every summer ffs.
No no no my man, covid has permanently altered the time space continuum and this IS the summer all those transfers will happen.

I for one am chuffed. Finally get to sign Damiao.

No no no my man, covid has permanently altered the time space continuum and this IS the summer all those transfers will happen.

I for one am chuffed. Finally get to sign Damiao.

So Joao Moutinho to Spurs and Wesley Sneijder to United is finally happening this summer then? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back