Not open for further replies.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Atletico has joined the Morata chase. Yay.

Depending on who you want to believe we are either spunking £50m on Wilson or taking over Higuains loan to buy.
Don't see the point in spending so much on Wilson. He can't be that much better than Batman to justify not recalling him and going large in the market.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Don't see the point in spending so much on Wilson. He can't be that much better than Batman to justify not recalling him and going large in the market.
Actually think Arnautovic would be good at Chelsea, but you wouldn't pay what we'd want for him taking into account his age etc.

Wilson isn't top six quality for mine, backup at best.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Actually think Arnautovic would be good at Chelsea, but you wouldn't pay what we'd want for him taking into account his age etc.

Would not be against Arnie. We miss having a big bash and crash style striker like Diego Costa or Drogba giving the defence a hard time.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Apparently you've had offers for him from China but have said he's not for sale.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Should never have left atletico madrid to chase money so early in his career waste of a year and talent.
Everyone remembers how good he was in the CL in 2016 (especially in the final), but he never reached those heights again for Atleti. I think you'd find most Atleti fans were fairly happy to let him go to China because he was mostly just an impact sub because he was so inconsistent

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Everyone remembers how good he was in the CL in 2016 (especially in the final), but he never reached those heights again for Atleti. I think you'd find most Atleti fans were fairly happy to let him go to China because he was mostly just an impact sub because he was so inconsistent

When he doing things like this in the Chinese league he shouldn't be there.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
atletico were partly owned by the same owners as the chinese club he went to.
Yep. His CSL club Dalian also bought Nico Gaitan from Atletico

When he doing things like this in the Chinese league he shouldn't be there.

idk if its just the quality of opposition or he's genuinely improved (his decision making and final ball in particular) but we was only doing most of that stuff on rare occasions during the last 1.5 years he was in Madrid. Most of the similar sort of runs he'd make down the left flank ended in crosses to nobody or him taking stupid shots when he should have passed

That said, he was always too good for the CSL, but that hasn't stopped a number of other players chasing the money there either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Payet ending up in China would be quite hilarious as well, considering the drama of 2 years ago and his so called homesickness.
well tevez so desperately wanted to get back home to argentina he ended up in italy. and then argentina. and then china. and argentina again.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/02/maur...sion-chelseas-christian-pulisic-deal-8304172/

Sarri claims he knew nothing about Pulisic !
so they have signed him without consulting the manager. Doesnt bode well for the player .
yeah thats how Sarri is !!
I know he is weird with transfers . But it has to be worrying for Pulisic that he is joining a team where the manager doesnt even know him.

Seems like what Sarri meant was just lost in translation.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Always felt Ramsey was a victim of circumstances and the culture that was allowed to grow at Arsenal. Injuries didn’t help of course, but I think this move will finally see him consistently take his game to that level of one of the top midfielders in Europe. His willingness to leave the premier league bubble and test himself at a top club says a lot about his attitude.

It’s almost unbelievable that in the modern game Arsenal are letting such a talent walk for free without even offering a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back