Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely mental to turn that down.. Malcom only 21 and a fresh start might be good for him. Fair chance he at least gets up to Willians level long term. That’s on top of the cash which is already plenty.. FFS.

Adding to the stupidity is the fact we have his replacement who has already overtaken him at 18, and who we will probably lose if we keep Willian and play him more than he should be. CHO, Pulisic, Malcom, Pedro.. is more than enough. Sell him and be done with it.

Last edited:

Tosun gets asked to play a lone striker role he shouldn’t be, I just hope he hasn’t been completely ruined now. Lukaku can’t be replaced by someone as not many are as big & strong as him. Arnautovic isn’t an out & out striker either & we have 2 left wingers better and younger than he is, so yeah we dodged a bullet
Arnie has been playing as a out and out striker for the past 14 months, I can't remember the last time he played as a left winger for us.

And I'd say he's arguably been a top 5 player in that role in the Premier League over that period of time, at least by his goalscoring record.

I’m convinced it’s his nationality and his appearence. If Willian was a pale Scottish bloke with a sloppy rig, bald head and a name like John McDonald, he would’ve been loaned to a relegation battler years ago. He probably would’ve never been purchased in the first place. But because he’s from a football trendy nation, has an afro and a unique name, people make assumptions on his talent.

The amount of world class players we have lost and money we have turned down due to this fraud is truly amazing. One of the greatest mysteries in football. I wouldn’t be surprised if Barcelona were taking the piss with their bids and were doing it for laughs. They’re probably so bat s**t bored of their league that they need something to keep them entertained so they’re making stupidly high bids for Willian which they know we won’t accept. They can then laugh very hard at the fact we’re the only club in the world that thinks he’s a competent footballer. Marina is probably preparing a five year contract extension for Willian on the back of their bid which has a clause that ensures absolute playing time. Barcelona are the ultimate trolls.

Arnie has been playing as a out and out striker for the past 14 months, I can't remember the last time he played as a left winger for us.

And I'd say he's arguably been a top 5 player in that role in the Premier League over that period of time, at least by his goalscoring record.

Can't say I see many West Ham games, but from what I have seen I just assumed he was someone that would get forward a lot from the left like he used to. Top 5 though? :oops:

Everton want Batshuayi on a permanent deal and to offload Tosun and Niasse somewhere this month according to SkySports.
Heading back to chelsea at the end of the month.
Could be a sign they want to keep him.

I look at Chelseas squad and I think the core they should build around are Hazard, Kante, Rudiger, Kepa, Azpi, Pulisic, CHO and RLC.
I think the majority of Chelsea fans would agree with this. The foundation is definitely there. What frustrates me is Sarri’s reluctance to drop underperforming players when we’ve got some good options rotting on the bench (CHO, Ampadu, Christensen, Emerson).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with landing Pulisic and we’ve been linked with some good players lately so hopefully we can turn things around.

I’d rather we focused on promoting within and bought the occasional player here and there.

Can't say I see many West Ham games, but from what I have seen I just assumed he was someone that would get forward a lot from the left like he used to. Top 5 though? :oops:
If we're talking out and out strikers, Kane and Aguero would easily be there. Salah I suppose is whether you find him more a winger or a striker. Same with Hazard.

Then looking at other top 6 clubs, Lukaku has been pretty average for 2018, you'd probably have one of Aubmeyang or Lacazette in there, Rashford I don't think has played enough. So then you look at say Vardy, Wilson and Arnautovic as best of the rest, and I'd say Arnie probably was better over that period of time.

Unless I'm missing anyone?

Happy with landing Pulisic and we’ve been linked with some good players lately so hopefully we can turn things around.

I’d rather we focused on promoting within and bought the occasional player here and there.
Yeah it was good replacement for hazard.
Just need a true number 9 then you're set.

Bit awkward to be rubbishing Arnautovic before admitting you haven't watched him play for the last two years. :tearsofjoy:

I'm not rubbishing him?? Not like you to twist words...

I questioned him being top 5 over the last year or so, bullet dodged was in regards to the drama he caused at his last club & appears to be doing again now. Was also in regards to if we had of signed him, we probably wouldn't have who we do at the club now which would be disappointing if he was being a tosser

I'm not rubbishing him?? Not like you to twist words...

I questioned him being top 5 over the last year or so, bullet dodged was in regards to the drama he caused at his last club & appears to be doing again now. Was also in regards to if we had of signed him, we probably wouldn't have who we do at the club now which would be disappointing if he was being a tosser

You said you dodged a bullet on him because you have two left wingers who are better than him. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back