Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends who you think you could get as a right footed left winger for around that price I suppose.

Suppose so, think RM will only have eyes for Galaticos and as good as Anderson is, he wouldn't displace Vinicius Jnr.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Will be interesting to see what happens with the relegated players. Fulham would have some quality, Huddersfield should retain most of their talent.

Seen a lot of talk that we'll be after Mitrovic for 22M.

Don't know if he's mobile enough to play up front on his own, and whether he's a top 10 caliber starting striker though.

Might depend on what happens with Maxi Gomez also from Celta, 20M release clause if Celta are relegated.

Memphis Depay also getting linked with a bit, 30M release clause apparently at Lyon.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Will be interesting to see what happens with the relegated players. Fulham would have some quality, Huddersfield should retain most of their talent.

How has he gone this season? Rarely watch Fulham

How has he gone this season? Rarely watch Fulham

Considering he cost 25mil he’s been underwhelming. I thought him and Cairney was going to be a good midfield but it hasn’t panned out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Transfer fees are nuts these days.

80m Euro to sign Hernandez which is 2.5 years of Leo Messi in terms of wages.

I'd be interested to see a club only sign players on free transfers and put their money into wages.

When you sign a player for free you generally still give them a 'sign on bonus' I believe, which can still be pretty substantial.

Common, but rarely in the 50-100m Euro range.

Just seems like an endless wasteful churn by the big clubs to me.

For sure, but there's also a much more limited pool of players who become free transfers, and a lot more competition for them. So the market value of wages for a FA may well be quite a bit higher than a player purchased.

There's a lot of factors, but clubs wouldn't readily be as wasteful (generally speaking) as you're suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back