Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampadu to Leipzig.
Donnie to this thread in 3..2..1..
Clearly wasn't going to get a game behind Jorginho and Kovacic.. Leipzig are a good side to go to, good young coach and Champions League football to boot.
Im sure even Donnie can see what a great loan this can be. He doesnt need to stress, Mount and Gilmour arent going anywhere. Would have liked it to be a 2 year loan like Christensen got, would be timed better to come back and challenge for a spot. He looks a crazy good talent, plus with a good head on his shoulders(apart from the hair) so i have no doubt he'll get the best out of himself this season.

That really is peanuts for a player like him in today’s market. I’m perplexed by this on 2 counts:
1. Why wouldn’t he stay in Lyon?
2. He was apparently worth £50m to us 12 months ago, before we found out the extent of his knee issues. Surely even with that risk he’s worth a punt at less than half that now, unless we’ve moved on to a different target in that position.

Betis came 10th last season.
No. While they beat the big boys last season, they struggled against smaller teams that parked the bus. It's part of why they parted ways with their coach despite some very good results
Fair enough, seems they're ambitious though

Would've been great had they had this ambition/money behind them in 2013 when they actually had a decent side, but a number of their top players left on frees/cheap and they never recovered from it and got relegated

I think Swansea and West Ham got a few from them, like Adrian who was solid for West Ham in goal and a couple of mids went to Swansea
Egyptian winger.
Fair enough

If Arsenal secure Ceballos on loan, pick up Tierney/Everton and secure Saliba for next season they have done very well.
Lel

Arsenal fans narrative

"Hurrdurr we beat Spuds to these top players"

Yet with one you don't have this year and the other is either a loan or a buyback if he is bought. Really getting them transfers on your own terms Goonies :$

If Arsenal secure Ceballos on loan, pick up Tierney/Everton and secure Saliba for next season they have done very well.

Some widely different reports this morning about Tierney - some we're out, some we're in the box seat. Will be interesting.

And while Ceballos doesn't have a loan to buy option it'll just be discussed next year if we want to keep him.

Lel

Arsenal fans narrative

"Hurrdurr we beat Spuds to these top players"

Yet with one you don't have this year and the other is either a loan or a buyback if he is bought. Really getting them transfers on your own terms Goonies :$

Considering he didn't mention Spurs that's a fair melt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have just been talking about how these signings are good for Arsenal, not one mention of Spurs.

Honestly, if all works out

Martinelli
Saliba
Cellabos (loan)
Tierny
Everton/Zaha/another winger
Hopefully a mature CB to cover for the year

Would be a decent window by Arsenal standards and would take that heading into next year, still a couple of weeks left so who knows. I always get the feeling the transfer period is Arsenal's least favourite time of year.

I have just been talking about how these signings are good for Arsenal, not one mention of Spurs.

Honestly, if all works out

Martinelli
Saliba
Cellabos (loan)
Tierny
Everton/Zaha/another winger
Hopefully a mature CB to cover for the year

Would be a decent window by Arsenal standards and would take that heading into next year, still a couple of weeks left so who knows. I always get the feeling the transfer period is Arsenal's least favourite time of year.

And especially not bad considering the 45mil budget we were rumoured to have. Yet not great but at least we're looking more towards future talent and not handing out excessive wages as we've been prone to do in the past, which has put us in the situation we're in.

Can't do much about the circumstances behind Saliba and Ceballos either - St Etienne always said they wanted him loaned back for a year and Ceballos seems like that's also been a loan scenario too.

Considering he didn't mention Spurs that's a fair melt.
Was I talking about him?

And look at your own backyard friend, that is where my hurrdurr comment has came from

So if Saliba is the next Varane, why was he loaned straight back to St Etienne? Surely someone of Varanes standard is better than anything Arsenal already has :think:

And Filthy, look at all the sheep liking your post

Lololololololololololololololol you lot are so tinpot, perhaps focus on yourselves rather than what we are doing

To be fair, there are nuffy posters on Twitter for every football club, I reckon I could find a bunch of Spurs ones if I took the time. Arsenal just seems to have a higher concentration than most.
So why don't Arsenal nuffies stop their wild celebrations over comparing these players as snubbing us then?

I'm not fussed over Saliba, imo we would've pushed there if Toby left, but Toby hasn't left yet so it seems he's not needed

With Ceballos we didn't agree to be Madrid's loan bitch, you guys did.

So why don't Arsenal nuffies stop their wild celebrations over comparing these players as snubbing us then?

I'm not fussed over Saliba, imo we would've pushed there if Toby left, but Toby hasn't left yet so it seems he's not needed

With Ceballos we didn't agree to be Madrid's loan bitch, you guys did.
small club syndrome.

You are getting wayyyyy too worked up over a couple of dumb comments on twitter, which may i remind you is a seperate entity to bigfooty forum, maybe take a break from the internet for a while go you pups, might do you some good
Friend, you share the same sentiments as them :p

Was I talking about him?

And look at your own backyard friend, that is where my hurrdurr comment has came from

So if Saliba is the next Varane, why was he loaned straight back to St Etienne? Surely someone of Varanes standard is better than anything Arsenal already has :think:

And Filthy, look at all the sheep liking your post

Lololololololololololololololol you lot are so tinpot, perhaps focus on yourselves rather than what we are doing

Wow man, that's really a supreme melt. If you weren't talking about him you were talking about me and you already had a dip last night.

FWIW I couldn't give a flying **** about a Spurs/Gunners rivalry... it's not our rivalry as we live in Australia and as a longterm Arsenal fan in Australia I've never really seen any cause to be threatened by Tottenham in the long run except for losing the odd league game.

It's a huuuuge response to a light hearted tickle on Doctor Gero (whom I didn't just meet today). I hope you aren't taking this all seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back