Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Stop with your facts and delusion.

92HXKQtN64rppgzaqIxt6FThyOE=.gif

Not getting a striker to replace Lukaku ruined Koeman, hoping that not getting a CB to replace Zouma doesn't ruin Silva. Keane & Mina simply have to stay fit, Holgate will be first choice backup but inexperienced & prone to a brain fade. If we have multiple injuries/suspensions, we'll be forced to play players out of position and/or throw some kids in the deep end

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Didn’t you concede over 50 goals last season?

51 (hence the 1.3gpg average) including a 5 goal flogging and 13 goals conceded in our last five games which was classic Arsenal bottling a CL spot. Essentially 9th best defence, 3rd best attack - the last month killed us and missing CL by a point should be a thorn in Emery's side.

Our defence *should* be better this campaign, either way just adding Pepe isn't going to mean we're relying on 5-4 margins all season, it's a bizarre prediction to me.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Macey spent last season on loan at my club Plymouth - he is awful so I hope for Arsenal's sake he isn't anywhere near the first team.

No doubt he'll get a look in in domestic cups, will be diabolical if Leno goes down.

Not getting a striker to replace Lukaku ruined Koeman, hoping that not getting a CB to replace Zouma doesn't ruin Silva. Keane & Mina simply have to stay fit, Holgate will be first choice backup but inexperienced & prone to a brain fade. If we have multiple injuries/suspensions, we'll be forced to play players out of position and/or throw some kids in the deep end
When I read the first part in bold, I thought you were going to say Ole not buying a replacement for Lukaku would do the same.

When I read the first part in bold, I thought you were going to say Ole not buying a replacement for Lukaku would do the same.

United have a lot more options than what we were left with, but it's funny it didn't work out even though he still managed to score regularly. They might do better with him out of the team ironically, where we couldn't adjust

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
At 32 does it still remain present tense or now past tense?

No Kante like holding mid at Arsenal. Just 3 shades of s**t really.
Luiz was still quite good last season without having a holding mid in front of him, Kante had a different role.

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK
United have a lot more options than what we were left with, but it's funny it didn't work out even though he still managed to score regularly. They might do better with him out of the team ironically, where we couldn't adjust
I feel this way. You now have no option but did play Rashford and Martial/Sanchez together. We might be a lot more fluid going fwd.
Not knocking him, he scored goals but it was predictable the way he was used.
I'm a massive fan of Maguire, will be good for us with set pieces going fwd too which hasn't been spoken about.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
That's because United were already playing without him really under Ole. Not that it worked well anyway. I think that will be the death of Ole but they might let him drunkenly steer the ship for 2 years to make it look like they weren't wrong. Greenwood may end up being a good player but it's a lot of pressure on a 17 year old. We all remember Angel Gomes and how he quietly fell back into the U18 team. Their 3 forwards left on the list had less goals combined than Auba/Salah/Sane

Incredible Chelsea have managed to buy Pulisic for 60m and Kovacic for 40m in a window where they have a transfer ban imposed on them.

They bought Pulisic in January.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Highly rated by Spurs in the past, was scouted by Chelsea before they decided to buy Kovacic.

We had our eye on him a few years back but settled on just bringing in Cech.

Could say the same about Spurs.. half of it is probably past tense now. Vertonghen looked long in the tooth and made many mistakes last year. Toby is going that way.
Lol
All he has to do is play to his strengths and ping it to aubameyang/pepe/lacazette and he may just end up being the best transfer of the window
now that’s a bit far.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Vertonghen looked long in the tooth and made many mistakes last year. Toby is going that way.
What? As someone who watched almost every Spurs PL and CL games last season, I can assure you that absolutely neither of these things are true. Both were class as *, as usual.

Our biggest problem was in midfield and right-back. We've addressed one of those problem areas comprehensively.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
What? As someone who watched almost every Spurs PL and CL games last season, I can assure you that absolutely neither of these things are true. Both were class as fu**, as usual.

Our biggest problem was in midfield and right-back. We've addressed one of those problem areas comprehensively.
Not saying he wasn't good, but he had moments that he hadn't had in the years before. It happens as you age. Jagielka was the same.. all CBs go through it as they get old, nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back