Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez for Myki has to go down as one of the great Lose-Lose transfers.

Both players have gone to s**t. Mhkitryan's only decent use with us was to talk Auba into coming over.

There was a period where Myki was good for United, but yeah since the swap both have been putrid, quite bizzare.

Mkhi has played some decent games for arsenal, he's won player of the month a few times i think to be fair but he has been pretty underwhelming overall, sanchez managed one goal in the premier league last season, he's been worse but not by much
Would've kept mkhi over sanchez any day of the week.

I can’t claim this as my own, but a friend of mine told me trying to find a winner out of the Mhki/Sanchez deal is akin to this.

Any chance a PSG Real swap? Bale + cash for Neymeyer?

It sounds like PSG want to sell to Real but Neymar wants back in at Barca. Barca are valuing him at 150m Euros which is probably on par. PSG obviously pissed because they forked out 210m euros and have been paying Neymar 600k / week and he still wants to dump them.

It sounds like PSG want to sell to Real but Neymar wants back in at Barca. Barca are valuing him at 150m Euros which is probably on par. PSG obviously pi**ed because they forked out 210m euros and have been paying Neymar 600k / week and he still wants to dump them.

Barca are undervaluing him.

They probably won’t try to sign guy who has just done his ACL until next year

Yep, let him recover / rehab from the injury, buy him at a knock down price in summer 2020 window or sign him for free Jan 21 if a deal cant be agreed in 2020 summer window.

We copped similar with Clyne who was on the way out to Palace with 1 year left on his contract for 18-20m. Done his ACL, now we pay his wages while he recovers and then leaves us for free fit and healthy in 12 months time. It's just bad luck I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In two minds about this.

On the one hand, while Lovren is 4th choice CB, Matip and Gomez have both had issues with injuries over the last few years, and it’s not unlikely we’ll need 10-15 games out of that 4th choice.

On the other hand, he’s 30 and we get £15m plus his £100k/week wages off the books, Fabinho can play there reasonably proficiently as your ‘experienced/safe’ option, and as this article suggests, it seems Klopp, like most of the fan base, wants to see Hoever given the opportunity. He’s looked very classy every time I’ve seen him play. A really exciting prospect for us.

Last edited:
£41m I believe is what City paid for Mangala some years ago (if I recall correctly). Wow.

That was before the market took off for defenders, before the likes of van Dijk, Hernandez, Stones, Walker, Mendy etc etc. He would’ve been one of the most expensive defenders at that time.

£41m I believe is what City paid for Mangala some years ago (if I recall correctly). Wow.

That was before the market took off for defenders, before the likes of van Dijk, Hernandez, Stones, Walker, Mendy etc etc. He would’ve been one of the most expensive defenders at that time.

Yes, but on the other hand their record signing is 70m which is lower than a heap of other clubs around the world at the moment.

They spend money, but generally spend their money very wisely and don’t get sucked into overpaying...

They also don’t sell their best players, even for ridiculous sums, meaning clubs don’t hold them over a barrel knowing they have a lump sum to splash as well as FFP room to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back