Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yes, but on the other hand their record signing is 70m which is lower than a heap of other clubs around the world at the moment.

They spend money, but generally spend their money very wisely and don’t get sucked into overpaying...

They also don’t sell their best players, even for ridiculous sums, meaning clubs don’t hold them over a barrel knowing they have a lump sum to splash as well as FFP room to move.
What club could afford to effectively freeze out a player like that after paying that amount of money for him which still a lot now but was even more at the time of the signing? I know for a fact arsenal could not do what city have done here, mustafi is a good example and we paid less for him at the time.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Monaco linked to Shaqiri to the tune of £33m. Dont want Shaq attack leaving, even if it's a great deal. Need depth.
If you had bought in the summer I would have said sell him. He's not quality enough depth for you unless paired with 2 of the big 3 up front. I mean I'm pretty sure 3 of his 6 goals last year were deflected around the keeper. Whenever he played without them (Wolves FA Cup) he looked terrible.. as he did at Stoke and a reason that only one team wanted to pay his price.

What a sook.
Great player but really he does come across as a bitch quits when he knows real are about to go downhill so he looks better comes back after they spud it up to more money and his record looking better with promises of investment has the the president splash the cash on a number of players sooks that he misses out on one guy and threatens to quit

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Great player but really he does come across as a bitch quits when he knows real are about to go downhill so he looks better comes back after they spud it up to more money and his record looking better with promises of investment has the the president splash the cash on a number of players sooks that he misses out on one guy and threatens to quit
That was just a smart move though.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
And now threatening to quit again because he can’t have pogba after getting so many other players
Well he was made promises when he was re took the job, he can’t just let it slide. He’s got to let management know he’s not happy.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Lol unwritten rule where you dont play a player who is negotiating a transfer? First I've heard of it. If Bayern were smart they would negotiate a Sane deal now at a knockdown price due to the ACL injury.
why would we entertain a knock down price?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
What club could afford to effectively freeze out a player like that after paying that amount of money for him which still a lot now but was even more at the time of the signing? I know for a fact arsenal could not do what city have done here, mustafi is a good example and we paid less for him at the time.

Where do I start?

Fernando Torres being loaned to Milan after being the British Transfer record and 6th most expensive transfer ever?
Andy Carroll?
Alexis Sanchez?
Alvaro Morata?
Bakayako?
Batshuayi?
Danny Drinkwater?

You bought Lacazette for 50m and sat him on the bench for the best part of a season.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Where do I start?

Fernando Torres being loaned to Milan after being the British Transfer record and 6th most expensive transfer ever?
Andy Carroll?
Alexis Sanchez?
Alvaro Morata?
Bakayako?
Batshuayi?
Danny Drinkwater?

You bought Lacazette for 50m and sat him on the bench for the best part of a season.
Laca missed two months through injury I think.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Where do I start?

Andy Carroll?
Alexis Sanchez?
Alvaro Morata?
Bakayako?
Batshuayi?
Danny Drinkwater?

Those are chelsea players, the original man. city same/same

Lacazette is a poor example, sanchez is a swap deal and carroll got sold reasonably fast not frozen out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back