Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

There's a treasure trove of wanky lingard gifs, it's glorious

Kepa
James-Tomori-Christensen-Emerson
Kante
Kovacic-RLC
Mount-Abraham-CHO

Could easily see that team winning the league one day. You guys have had the best academy in Europe for a decade now so it's nice to see some of these kids finally getting a chance and doing well.

Kepa
Kante
Kovacic-RLC
Mount-Abraham-CHO

Could easily see that team winning the league one day. You guys have had the best academy in Europe for a decade now so it's nice to see some of these kids finally getting a chance and doing well.

Yeah nah.

Academy built sides are a thing of the past.

I'd be very surprised if any major trophy winning side was mainly academy built moving forward with the amount of money in the game.

It's more of an AFL idealist theory, the best teams will just buy the best players.

I get why Chelsea fans are kind of happy, but at the same time, 10 years ago they'd just buy 1 of the best 10 players on the planet, not develop them for the next 5 years to a point where they may not be good enough for a title winning/CL winning side.

Yeah nah.

Academy built sides are a thing of the past.

I'd be very surprised if any major trophy winning side was mainly academy built moving forward with the amount of money in the game.

It's more of an AFL idealist theory, the best teams will just buy the best players.

I get why Chelsea fans are kind of happy, but at the same time, 10 years ago they'd just buy 1 of the best 10 players on the planet, not develop them for the next 5 years to a point where they may not be good enough for a title winning/CL winning side.

I guess it's not all about filling the whole team with academy kids, but just giving them at least a chance to win a spot which happened a bit last season and because of the ban has been thrust upon us now. We should be able to do both, buy top end talent and fill the gaps with top end kids from the academy. No more buy 'squad' players like Drinkwater, Batman, Bakayoko etc

And these aren't really any old kids either, they are coming out of arguably the best academy in the world(our results have been spectacular) and at youth level have performed as well as they could.

It's a smarter way of doing business.

I guess it's not all about filling the whole team with academy kids, but just giving them at least a chance to win a spot which happened a bit last season and because of the ban has been thrust upon us now. We should be able to do both, buy top end talent and fill the gaps with top end kids from the academy. No more buy 'squad' players like Drinkwater, Batman, Bakayoko etc

And these aren't really any old kids either, they are coming out of arguably the best academy in the world(our results have been spectacular) and at youth level have performed as well as they could.

It's a smarter way of doing business.

Maybe the 2nd best.

Not sure too many will make it in a title winning side, but I'd expect Chelsea to have a load performing at a high level in the premier league and other top leagues.

Not sure how they've been the last couple of years at your level but they've been churning out talented, technical, athletic, senior football ready players for years now. More so than any club in England by a mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kepa
Kante
Kovacic-RLC
Mount-Abraham-CHO

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back