Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Thought Luke Shaw would make it, but Brandon Williams is proving to be much better, not only now but for the future.

still, selling Shaw would leave us light on in the LB position, but he won’t hang around playing 2nd fiddle to young Williams.

Perhaps extend Ashley Young's contract for another two seasons as cover at LB?

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory

Just a casual 10th club in 9 countries. Once his football career winds up, he should become a travel agent or Lonely Planet writer, he's been around enough.
I remember being really excited when he first signed him. Then we got Eden and poor Marko's career only went downhill.

What about Delph as a backup LB? Obviously played for City in the past but isn't known to be a loyal person anyway.

You ****.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Thought Luke Shaw would make it, but Brandon Williams is proving to be much better, not only now but for the future.

still, selling Shaw would leave us light on in the LB position, but he won’t hang around playing 2nd fiddle to young Williams.
We still have Dalot and Laird who can cover but I agree that it would leave us a bit light.

We still have Dalot and Laird who can cover but I agree that it would leave us a bit light.

I think Shaw leaving would certainly leave you lighter.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Saw we got linked with him also, Kurzawa that is, but would imagine we'd only go after him if we sold Masuaku to Napoli.

Also getting linked with Barkley on loan. Moyes wants to play 3-5-2, and I'd rather him over Joe Allen that's for sure.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Letting a quality backup go for free, sign a replacement who was absolutely gash, and now end up paying 4M for someone you had previously and then sold.

Our owners are brilliant.
at least you didnt spend 89 mil to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back