Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The chances of any major transfers occurring this summer are pretty slim imo. The finances of clubs are going to be a bit of an unknown, and not to mention we don’t even know when or if 20/21 is even going to happen. A lot of the transfer speculation at the moment is just media trying to fill the void imo for obvious reasons

The chances of any major transfers occurring this summer are pretty slim imo. The finances of clubs are going to be a bit of an unknown, and not to mention we don’t even know when or if 20/21 is even going to happen. A lot of the transfer speculation at the moment is just media trying to fill the void imo for obvious reasons

Yeah these stories are just the papers trying to stay afloat, they're all BS.

Smalling is doing very well in Italy. Would be Arsenal's best CB.
Interested to see how Saliba fares. Fairly important cog for St.Etienne

"Across the whole of 2019 to date, Saliba has started 13 times in Ligue 1, with St-Etienne winning 11 of those fixtures – a win rate of 84.6%, conceding just six goals in those games – 0.46 goals per game.

St-Etienne have played 19 Ligue 1 matches in 2019 without Saliba starting, winning just five of those – meaning their win rate drops to 26.3%, conceding 28 goals at an average of 1.47 per game."

Interested to see how Saliba fares. Fairly important cog for St.Etienne

"Across the whole of 2019 to date, Saliba has started 13 times in Ligue 1, with St-Etienne winning 11 of those fixtures – a win rate of 84.6%, conceding just six goals in those games – 0.46 goals per game.

St-Etienne have played 19 Ligue 1 matches in 2019 without Saliba starting, winning just five of those – meaning their win rate drops to 26.3%, conceding 28 goals at an average of 1.47 per game."

We were linked to him a few years ago, looks a pretty promising player.

You can buy a quality forward but I can't see Werner leaving a starting role at a champions league club that's top 4 in the Bundesliga to sit on the bench somewhere when he can go and start for many UCL clubs. Big players will want to start in the big games, particularly in their prime. If he was 20 then I could see it.
Then why the continuous flirting. He's basically told the world he is signing for us in the summer. Seems to me he is keen to come whatever the role he is given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like FIFA is going to mandate an extension to all contracts until the end of this season.

On what authority?

They can't force us to continue playing a player beyond the end of their contract.

Don't think FIFA has the authority to change contract law.

They can ask I guess, but mandate? Nah.
What if you have a player off contract at the end of this season and they don’t get back on the pitch until November? Clubs already in huge financial trouble are forced into paying wages for a player they didn’t want/aren’t going to be able to keep to and there’s still no guarantee they get back playing.

What are your thoughts on Sokratis? Having followed him most of his career I think he's come to England a touch late. Was always a physical beast but he was quite pacey for a center back pre 2018. Don't get me wrong he's no Mertersacker now but he has definitely lost a yard.

Without having watched heaps of Arsenal, I think he's been solid and could a play a role moving forward (3rd choice) but interested to hear from an Arsenal fan who watches far more than I do.

And I guess that ties into the question, would you take Smalling over him.

What are your thoughts on Sokratis? Having followed him most of his career I think he's come to England a touch late. Was always a physical beast but he was quite pacey for a center back pre 2018. Don't get me wrong he's no Mertersacker now but he has definitely lost a yard.

Without having watched heaps of Arsenal, I think he's been solid and could a play a role moving forward (3rd choice) but interested to hear from an Arsenal fan who watches far more than I do.

And I guess that ties into the question, would you take Smalling over him.
Good leader, think he is a bit rash and needs someone more composed next to him IE not Luiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back