Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So much money for an ageing average player, I really dont get this this for Arsenal. No re-sale value, he's not a world beater, he's in the twilight of his career and he's just gonna take minutes of younger players with scope for improvement. Not to mention, it's not like a top up, a push Arsenal over the line to win the league with a little experience type signing as they are way off it.

Just from all angles, I just dont get it. I dont get how it benefits the club at all.

So much money for an ageing average player, I really dont get this this for Arsenal. No re-sale value, he's not a world beater, he's in the twilight of his career and he's just gonna take minutes of younger players with scope for improvement. Not to mention, it's not like a top up, a push Arsenal over the line to win the league with a little experience type signing as they are way off it.

Just from all angles, I just dont get it. I dont get how it benefits the club at all.
His agent is Kia. Not that hard to figure out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daily Mail, really? Dig out any fish wrapper as long as it sticks a knife into Arsenal.

Solid if uninspiring free signing.
Who gives a s**t as long as it’s the right info...and checking other sites it is.

Who gives a sh*t as long as it’s the right info...and checking other sites it is.

Yeah im not sure why its such a shock. He was on similar money at Chelsea and being a free of course hes going to get a huge signing on fee too.

Plus there's the Kia factor and hes a parasite.

No, he's on 150k a week. Plus he's also apparently getting an extra signing on fee as a free agent.

Think this is around the mark going off a few reports.

Obviously he'll be earning a decent sign on fee as a free agent, but it's a bit misleading the way some papers have reported it. But overall I don't think wages of £150k or so is unreasonable for Willian. The third year of the contract probably is though.

Yeah, that's a concern but if he can be integral to giving Pepe and PEA more opportunity he'll fill a big need.

It's a short-term play at experienced squad depth, in a market where the club doesn't have much to spend on transfer fees. It isn't a top up in a title contending sense, but it sort of is in a "try and get back in the top 4" sense.

Willian isn't s**t, and he isn't elite. And it's questionable to give him a 3 year deal. But he'll offer us a fair bit next season which is the point of it all IMO.

Daily Mail, really? Dig out any fish wrapper as long as it sticks a knife into Arsenal.

Solid if uninspiring free signing.

Yep.

Nah, thats probably one for next summer anyway.

But if we miss out on Havertz who knows.
Think we need to finish top 10 next season to have any chance of keeping him after that.

That said, we really need new owners, apparently we sold Ajeti for 4.5M, just to pay an installment on Haller's transfer so we wouldn't get reported to FIFA, shows how badly mismanaged we are....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back