Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the point, it was said Liverpool dont buy 'top end talent' which is crap.

That’s very true. I was thinking more along the lines of there is expensive like VVD was and then there is a different kind of expensive and we are talking Mbappe and Neymar to PSG type fees. Plenty of clubs can afford or willing to pay a £80M fee but very few of the same clubs will spend £120-200M on a single player.

Didnt you break the records for CB and GK signings a couple of seasons back?
Because we sold Coutinho for 150mil. FSG aint spending money on Mbappe unless it's largely funded by selling Mane or Salah.

I think the best we can do is spend 10-20mil on Daka from Salzburg to replace Origi.

If we don’t make UCL I think Haaland will go, but he won’t go cheap.

Reports are coming out that haaland a release clause next year is actually over 100m.

Hope he stays for one more year, if nothing else so that Moukoko gets some more good tutelage.

b7886c6ad58f18fb62a0c3a8b44c9223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we don’t make UCL I think Haaland will go, but he won’t go cheap.

Reports are coming out that haaland a release clause next year is actually over 100m.

Hope he stays for one more year, if nothing else so that Moukoko gets some more good tutelage.

b7886c6ad58f18fb62a0c3a8b44c9223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a horrible jacket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah like two and half years ago... have spent fu** all since.

Besides you almost immediately took that GK record with the excellent purchase of Kepa ;)

Not to mention, you broke the transfer fee for an African player around the same time on Keita.

Oh, Jota was the 7th most expensive transfer in the world in 2020 also.

Basically on the bones of your ass....

Can't see him going to Man Utd.

Not only did Keane destroy his dad's career, Alfie is best known as a Leeds player and also had a stint at City.

Erling was born in Leeds and grew up a big Leeds fan, normally I don't think it would matter, but with all the Man Utd history with his family, I just can't see it.

Keane even admitted in later autobiographies that it was an intentional retaliation from a previous game.

Can't imagine Keane/Utd sit too well in the Haaland family.

Man City just makes sense - they can afford him, Aguero winding down, his old man played there, better team in general etc....

Last edited:
Can't see him going to Man Utd.

Not only did Keane destroy his dad's career, Alfie is best known as a Leeds player and also had a stint at City.

Erling was born in Leeds and grew up a big Leeds fan, normally I don't think it would matter, but with all the Man Utd history with his family, I just can't see it.

Keane even admitted in later autobiographies that it was an intentional retaliation from a previous game.

Can't imagine Keane/Utd sit too well in the Haaland family.

Man City just makes sense - they can afford him, Aguero winding down, his old man played there, better team in general etc....

Yeah, on the one hand it was retaliation for 1997 when Keane had his cruciate raptured in a challenge (although Keane did kick Haland in the challenge) and Alfie stood over Keane berating him. Even the keeper was pushing Alfie away.

On the other hand Keane has said it wasn’t retaliation because he and Alf-Inge played against each other a few times after that 1997 incident. Very debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back