Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund have like 7 excellent cm options going for 2 spots.

It looks a bit of a dumb move on paper.

. Angel going there too would be silly

He plays at 6, right?

We’ve got Witsel, Delaney, Dahoud and Raschal there (not including Can as I reckon he was bought for the back 3)

Witsel is the wrong side of 30 for the future, and I can’t see Dahoud sticking around. Reckon him and Raschal will get some good playing time from 21/22 onwards.

Let’s not forget Sancho started in the youth team as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't quite understand why you're still misunderstanding what I've said, but I don't think there's much need to be so defensive about someone who hasn't even played a game for your club yet.

I’m not defending the player - I’m defending those who decided he was worth 20m

messi wont leave unless it's to argentina. but barca are in deep sh*t financially. of those players above,i'd say messi, pique and busquets are the only certainties to be there. others are all contracted and on big wages, and not good enough to command those wages anywhere else. guys like vidal, rakitic are not good enough to get what they're on anywhere else, plus arguably wouldn't get into a midfield around barca's level anywhere else.

moves like swapping the dynamic, young arthur for the old, overrated pjanic just shows where they're at. but like paulinho and the neto/cillessen swap, it's all about what they can do financially to stop the bleeding.
The Period immediately post Messi will not be pretty. Papered over a lot of their cracks in decision making and player acquisition

[weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.comhelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news//lucas-digne-emerges-as-alternative-left-back-target-for-chelsea-instead-of-ben-chilwell-report

Need to flip Alonslow as well.

Everton aren't going to sell Digne though, would love him but they aren't a selling club anymore. We'll blow some cash on Chilwell then try and loan him out in a couple of seasons:drunk:

Need to flip Alonslow as well.

Everton aren't going to sell Digne though, would love him but they aren't a selling club anymore. We'll blow some cash on Chilwell then try and loan him out in a couple of seasons:drunk:
I reckon we keep Alonso as a backup.

Our stats with him vs without him this season are actually pretty surprising.

The Period immediately post Messi will not be pretty. Papered over a lot of their cracks in decision making and player acquisition
well when the big statement signing for bartomeu to win presidency was arda turan, think that says it all

The transition will certainly be interesting - and shows how much more Barcelona rely on Messi than Real did on CR7. Not even trying to enter the goat debate here. But unless they find a playmaker they’re well and truly ****ed.

To be honest, they should actually move on some old contracts and play for Sancho. He’s no Messi replacement but he’s the sort of player you can build a squad around

I reckon we keep Alonso as a backup.

Our stats with him vs without him this season are actually pretty surprising.
I dont mind it if we used him as a wingback.
As a wing back, Alonso plays as though he's prime Roberto Carlos, but when he's part of a back four he's about as effective as a block of cheese

Hammers want Barkley apparently.
Only way I could see that happening is if we forced him to be part of a Declan Rice deal, but I don't think either move would happen.

That said, if Moyes stays and he becomes available depending on the price, we do need a #10 since we seem to be playing 4-2-3-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way I could see that happening is if we forced him to be part of a Declan Rice deal, but I don't think either move would happen.

That said, if Moyes stays and he becomes available depending on the price, we do need a #10 since we seem to be playing 4-2-3-1.

If we get Havertz than Barkley will be on the move, after our game agsinst you guys im starting to warm to Rice. Looks a real leader out there(something we lack) and was easily MOTM.

As a wing back, Alonso plays as though he's prime Roberto Carlos, but when he's part of a back four he's about as effective as a block of cheese
Were you even born when peak Roberto Carlos was playing? :tearsofjoy:

He plays at 6, right?

We’ve got Witsel, Delaney, Dahoud and Raschal there (not including Can as I reckon he was bought for the back 3)

Witsel is the wrong side of 30 for the future, and I can’t see Dahoud sticking around. Reckon him and Raschal will get some good playing time from 21/22 onwards.

Let’s not forget Sancho started in the youth team as well

Brandt

Thatt Spanish kid

If we get Havertz than Barkley will be on the move, after our game agsinst you guys im starting to warm to Rice. Looks a real leader out there(something we lack) and was easily MOTM.

Baynern management say they will not buy havertz. Want him to wait one more season. Havertz to cfc?

*Thiago to lfc has legs?

* Sancho wants to go utd. Top tier source reiterating.

* Pea Happ to stay arsenal for big money 3 years

* Inter apparently pay 20m to own Sanchez. Utd pay part wages if it happens?

Last edited:
Were you even born when peak Roberto Carlos was playing? :tearsofjoy:
Harsh on block of cheese.
Apologies, I'll use a more time specific, kinder to the block of cheese example example
He's Prime Marcelo in a wing-back role and about as useful as a three legged table in a flat back four

The transition will certainly be interesting - and shows how much more Barcelona rely on Messi than Real did on CR7. Not even trying to enter the goat debate here. But unless they find a playmaker they’re well and truly f’ed.

To be honest, they should actually move on some old contracts and play for Sancho. He’s no Messi replacement but he’s the sort of player you can build a squad around

Pedri
Fati
Trincao
Dembele

are 23/u

messi will probable stay at barca and continue to be otherworldly for many years

they will prioritize the Suarez replacement*. martinez it seems is who they want. Inter are building a nice team however

*which is crazy as they have grez not getting a game surely he would be a handy 9?

if neymar becomes available i assume they will bring him back with madrid eyeing mbappe - interesting to see how paris play it long term. you'd assume they want to keep the two stars (and marquinhos, verrati) in the golden cage and continue to add to it

Frankly I hope we make him our permanent captain and convince him to stay for another season or 2 and try to build around him.

Reckon we have a decent spine at least, if they play to their potential that is....

James Pearce: Klopp has spoken previously about his admiration for Thiago and we know he's available for transfer this summer so it's not one to completely dismiss out of hand. Would certainly be out of keeping with how LFC usually operate, he's 29, injury issues, big wages and fee of around £35m.
theathletic

Thiago lfc
Havertz Bayern

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back