Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Rummendige bitches constantly about English clubs spending and literally does the same thing.
He mentions how they spend money they haven't earnt. In Germany there cannot be a billionaire come in to a club and inject a heap of cash. That's where it is not an even playing field. Bayern earn money via sponsorship streams mainly

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
generally transfers don't happen between the top 4 sides
And Bayern signed 2? players from another top 4 side - 1 of them a free transfer who would have left Bundesliga if Bayern didn't sign him. Dortmund signed Hazard and Reus from Gladbach. Why is that allowed but Bayern can't sign players?

Didn't Chelsea sign Ashley Cole from Arsenal? What about Carlos Tevez at Man City?

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC

The part at the end misquotes him as he says “attacking players” but hope this means the Willian hype is BS and it will be fullbacks, CDM and central defence.

Not some campaigner winger who dogged us in his prime now wants a top up to his pension. Should tell him to fu** off to West Ham for an easy pay day and no fu**s needing to be given

Thankfully we won't be signing that sort anymore hopefully, although I never really trust David Sullivan when it comes to that sort of thing.

Bowen and Soucek have shown the way forward though hopefully.....

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Lewandowski was free transfer
Neuer from Schalke, a mid table team
Hummels was a Bayern youth product that went to Dortmund then came back
Goetze is not even at Bayern anymore and is actually back at Dortmund now
Suele again from a mid table team

Do Liverpool, Man Utd etc not sign players from Leicester, Arsenal, Everton etc?

Actually, Götze and Lewandowski were purchased/tapped up right after Dortmund had upset the status quo of German power rankings

Suele was signed along with Rudy(free) and Sandro Wagner, the year they finished 3rd and looked to begin challenging.

It’s never the what with Bayern. It’s the how. And the free transfers are what the rest of the league ******* hate. Bayern have twice as much money as the next club, and then complain that there’s no competition. At least pay other teams what their players are worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Getting tetchy in here which is good to see. Chelsea signing players, United think they are back. Good to see.

Chelsea really need to forget about Havertz tbh and sign defenders. Upamecano or Konaté for example

Forwards win you matches. Defenders win you titles

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Chelsea really need to forget about Havertz tbh and sign defenders. Upamecano or Konaté for example

Forwards win you matches. Defenders win you titles

Can we do both?

We are being linked with various LBs and CBs too.

We need a keeper too. But Havertz is one of those talents that if you have the chance to sign it you just take it.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Actually, Götze and Lewandowski were purchased/tapped up right after Dortmund had upset the status quo of German power rankings

Suele was signed along with Rudy(free) and Sandro Wagner, the year they finished 3rd and looked to begin challenging.

It’s never the what with Bayern. It’s the how. And the free transfers are what the rest of the league ******* hate. Bayern have twice as much money as the next club, and then complain that there’s no competition. At least pay other teams what their players are worth. If you're upset about free transfers don't let players run down their contract then and sell them 1 year before end of contract

Both Goetze and Lewandowski would have left BL if Bayrrn didn't sign them. Why should bayern not try and improve their teams with low risk players (already in Germany, speak language, culture etc).

If you're complaining about free transfers don't let players run down contract and sell them before end of contract

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I know but will he leave a uefa cup team to join another?

Maybe but if he pulls out you'd understand.

Sheffield result may haunt Roman and fat Frank?
The only thing that'd stop him from coming to us is if Madrid comes in for him imo. I don't think UCL holds as much weight as supporters think.

Seem to recall us signing someone world class when we finished 10th and the team he played for won the league.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The only thing that'd stop him from coming to us is if Madrid comes in for him imo. I don't think UCL holds as much weight as supporters think.

Seem to recall us signing someone world class when we finished 10th and the team he played for won the league.

Who kante? Brave to call him wc at lcfx

Hazard was a jet but a kid

I think Bayern. Madrid. And the other superteams(maybe?) - begging him to wait 6 more months, Holds more power than you think.

Havertz to cfx looks done but it could be a spanner in the works.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Can we do both?

We are being linked with various LBs and CBs too.

We need a keeper too. But Havertz is one of those talents that if you have the chance to sign it you just take it.

Looking at a £200m window if you do. Would be pretty remarkable in the current climate with the uncertainty around revenue over the next few years.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Looking at a £200m window if you do. Would be pretty remarkable in the current climate with the uncertainty around revenue over the next few years.
We haven't spent the last two windows and there's still all the Hazard money to play with. There will be a couple of outgoings too. With everything that's happened the transfer ban has been a bit of a blessing for us.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Werner and Ziyech were bought last financial year, there goes the Hazard money.

We've got £50m coming from Atleti plus some other dead wood to clean out. We are going to be quite active this window with players going in and out, Roman seems to be back with a bang.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Who kante? Brave to call him wc at lcfx

Hazard was a jet but a kid

I think Bayern. Madrid. And the other superteams(maybe?) - begging him to wait 6 more months, Holds more power than you think.

Havertz to cfx looks done but it could be a spanner in the works.

Yeah I dunno, seems like it's happening to me. Guess we'll see, Madrid is the only danger to the deal being done imo.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
We need a geniune right wingers, probably a back up to pogba/fernades and then a back up striker

Ole wants to keep Pereira, probably to back up Bruno.

United have Garner. Mctominay. Fred. As depth for pogs already.

It doesn't make sense to buy anything but best 11 players given United (and Chelsea) are so far behind currently.

James , United were terrible and needed width and pace - and he was 'cheap'

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back