Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope Spurs go after Doumbia and Ibarbo to be honest

I want Arsenal to make TOTSSF Richarlison a priority, with an engine on him.

Still doesn't make a heap of sense even with the 'rona. Champs league finalist two years running, pending kit sponsorship mega deal, pending league champions, no real net spend ... has to be more to it than that.
Yeah doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I too think there is more to it. Strange u-turn from us of that's the case though.

I've heard some point to the fact that a lot of international tourneys have been pushed back and Werner was coming in to provide cover for Salah and Mane and Firmino. But without those tourneys, the cover won't be needed.

I don't know...

I doubt you sign the second best forward in the Bundesliga for "cover".

Werner at Liverpool meant Firmino became the cover. Werner is a much better player.

Moot point now as he’s not coming but I always envisaged a scenario where Firmino, Salah, Mané & Werner all played 40-45 games a season, rotating based on form/injuries/opposition etc, as City have done with their half dozen attackers. We were never going to be playing the same front 3 every game with the 4th chipping in for 10 mins at the end.

As for comparisons to Firmino, interestingly Leipzig have started using Werner more as a false 9 recently, but worth noting that for most of his career he’s played a role more similar to Mané & Salah, not Firmino.

Werner gets more goals but I’ve always said that without Firmino, Salah & Mané each score 10 goals less per season. I don’t think there are many players on the planet who play that false 9 role well enough to free up our wingers to get forward and score 60 goals a season the way he does. He’s critical to our system.

Werner isnt replacing Firmino in his current false 9 role, Firmino is the best there is in that role. Would have given us other options though including all 4 playing in a 4-2-3-1.

It wasnt to be but on the positive side Minamino now gets a real crack and Harvey Elliot gets more minutes. Happy to back club managements decision on this one, theyve got most things correct recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe?! But all indications were he was desperate for a move to Liverpool and we've basically said ... nah.

I just want a better reason than Covid. Cos Chelsea are buying him so no reason why we couldn't.

I for one am happy he’s chosen Chelsea, don’t want you guys getting any stronger, already the best team in the world as it is.

I for one am happy he’s chosen Chelsea, don’t want you guys getting any stronger, already the best team in the world as it is.
Hahah im sure you are glad :D

Just 6 more points and then hopefully we can back it up next season to draw level on 20. With our 6 to 3 in Europe. Well Fergie, we're coming back for our ******* perch. :p

Hahah im sure you are glad :D

Just 6 more points and then hopefully we can back it up next season to draw level on 20. With our 6 to 3 in Europe. Well Fergie, we're coming back for our ******* perch. :p

Nah, Fergie won the war, set out what he wanted to do and achieved it beautifully.

Next season is title no.21 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back