Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea really need to forget about Havertz tbh and sign defenders. Upamecano or Konaté for example

Forwards win you matches. Defenders win you titles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going back to your post. It is absolutely true in the case of Atalanta. They’ve scored 26 more Serie A goals than Juventus and conceded 11 more goals than Juventus and after Juventus play Sassuolo today, Juventus will likely be 9 points ahead with only 5 league matches to play.

Atlanta also scored more league goals than everyone last season but conceded 10-16 more goals than the rest of the top 5 and finished 3rd, 21 points behind Juventus. Level on points with Inter in 3rd on goal difference, despite scoring 20 extra goals than Inter. Now imagine if they had a good defense. They might have won the league this season with such a potent attack.

Going back to your post. It is absolutely true in the case of Atalanta. They’ve scored 26 more Serie A goals than Juventus and conceded 11 more goals than Juventus and after Juventus play Sassuolo today, Juventus will likely be 9 points ahead with only 5 league matches to play.

Atlanta also scored more league goals than everyone last season but conceded 10-16 more goals than the rest of the top 5 and finished 3rd, 21 points behind Juventus. Level on points with Inter in 3rd on goal difference, despite scoring 20 extra goals than Inter. Now imagine if they had a good defense. They might have won the league this season with such a potent attack.

I was just looking at last seasons BL table again - makes me upset each time. 2 points off first, but 12 more goals conceded. Plenty late on too. Turn two of those draws into wins...

I was just looking at last seasons BL table again - makes me upset each time. 2 points off first, but 12 more goals conceded. Plenty late on too. Turn two of those draws into wins...

3 draws in a row in February against Eintracht Frankfurt, 1899 Hoffenheim (3-0 lead to 3-3 in the last 15 minutes) and, the team that would eventually finish bottom, Nurnberg. Excruciating period of the season when you came so close in the end. :(

When you say DM, do you mean more like a deep lying playmaker ala Pirlo?

I mean a general defensive midfielder, basically just replacing Matic.

Does he have the discipline for that? Always seen him as a more attacking minded player than his tactical and defensive awareness.

Bit better further up the pitch isn't he?

Do you reckon he would want to play that role and is he disciplined enough to do so?

Does he have the discipline for that? Always seen him as a more attacking minded player than his tactical and defensive awareness.

Bit better further up the pitch isn't he?

He likes to play more forward but I don't see any reason to suggest he couldn't sit back a little deeper.

Pogba would be horrible at that

Cool.

There’s no way that would work.

Great input, you've sold me on it.

Do you reckon he would want to play that role and is he disciplined enough to do so?

It's not like he hasn't played deeper before. If the rumours are true that United are into Thiago he isn't coming to sit on the bench, Bruno isn't going to sit back. The other option is a midfield three. Either way if Thiago comes Pogba is definitely the one that would be sitting back.

Or

Martial
Rashford Bruno Greenwood/Sancho
Pogba Thiago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He likes to play more forward but I don't see any reason to suggest he couldn't sit back a little deeper.

Cool.

Great input, you've sold me on it.

It's not like he hasn't played deeper before. If the rumours are true that United are into Thiago he isn't coming to sit on the bench, Bruno isn't going to sit back. The other option is a midfield three. Either way if Thiago comes Pogba is definitely the one that would be sitting back.

Or

Martial
Rashford Bruno Greenwood/Sancho
Pogba Thiago
I think he lacks the workrate and tactical discipline to play as a proper DM.

I think he lacks the workrate and tactical discipline to play as a proper DM.

I don't think he'd be a proper DM, he would however be the deepest of the three is Thiago came.

Without being a smart arse, I think a proper defensive minded midfielder would be worth pursuing so you can pair Bruno and Pogba without issue together.

Matic and McTominay go alright, again, this is based entirely on if we sign Thiago.

Do you think Kondogbia would be a good fit at Arsenal?
eh, maybe. never kicked on and at 27 is reaching what should be his prime. next club is likely to be his 7th senior club, and hasnt really shown that he's able to grab control and control games, which he really should be doing. i think he probably ends up at a nice or lille level.

Rumors that if we are promoted we will pull the trigger immediately on two Argentinians with a Bielsa connection.

Lucas Martínez Quarta a center half from River Plate and Matias Zaracho a playmaker from Racing.

eh, maybe. never kicked on and at 27 is reaching what should be his prime. next club is likely to be his 7th senior club, and hasnt really shown that he's able to grab control and control games, which he really should be doing. i think he probably ends up at a nice or lille level.
Who do you see getting picked by decent clubs if they end up having a firesale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back