Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Fabrizio Romano] Uruguay connection for Man Utd. Edinson Cavani deal is going to be completed on next hours after last details ready to be sorted about agents. 🔴🇺🇾 MUFC are also on the verge to sign Facundo Pellistri [2001, Penarol, special talent]. Fee around €10m

GFFN] Fulham have made contact over the possible loan of Arsenal defender William Saliba, according to sources contacted by Get French Football News. More follows tomorrow

Not since Ole came in actually.

Maguire & Bruno were targets in multiple transfer windows before they were signed, we've also been chasing Sancho hard for a long time. Wan-Bissaka, Daniel James transfers were quite drawn out. The Van de Beek links had been gathering a lot of pace towards the end of last season too.

In fact I would argue that we are seeing the complete opposite to a "scattergun approach" with "no clear plan on who they are after". It is clear as day (for years now) that they are after Sancho and IMO the lack of action is due to the fact that there is no plan B. It is frustrating at the moment but I'm OK with it in the long run. I'd rather get Sancho next season than settle for someone else now.

Where does Cavani fit in this? Might do well but looks like a textbook panic signing to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does Cavani fit in this? Might do well but looks like a textbook panic signing to me.
Has been available all summer, if he truly was a part of a broader plan then it’d have been done 6 weeks ago. Smells like something to shut fans up because they’ve persisted with Sancho all summer.

Yet still less galling than Arsenal’s business. Owner spends 5bn taking the Rams from LA to Vegas and can’t spare a few million to help them get Partey/Aouar. Ridiculous.

Free transfer but .

Not really free when the agents fee's are 10m on their own before considering his wage demands.

I think I read somewhere that Barkley is going to cost Villa £11m this season between Barkley's wages and the loan fee.

Loftus-Cheek is on £170k a week. LOL

Not really free when the agents fee's are 10m on their own before considering his wage demands.

I think I read somewhere that Barkley is going to cost Villa £11m this season between Barkley's wages and the loan fee.

Loftus-Cheek is on £170k a week. LOL

Yeah but it's Edinson Cavani not Archie Thompson. Obviously there is going to be some fees involved

He is still a free transfer which is fairly impressive for a player of that quality. When you note what Leeds. Villa. Etc. Are paying for b/c grade 9s

There is a good chance he flops but it looks a decent gamble from ole? His age should allow greenwood and martial to continue develop too?

I can't think of many better back up strikers in football. Maybe Diego Costa. Morata. Gabriel (AM, juv, city)

Yeah but it's Edinson Cavani not Archie Thompson. Obviously there is going to be some fees involved

He is still a free transfer which is fairly impressive for a player of that quality. When you note what Leeds. Villa. Etc. Are paying for b/c grade 9s

There is a good chance he flops but it looks a decent gamble from ole? His age should allow greenwood and martial to continue develop too?

I can't think of many better back up strikers in football. Maybe Diego Costa. Morata. Gabriel (AM, juv, city)

But it's not free that's what people are saying. He'd be getting a signing-on bonus presumably so how is that any different to paying a fee to a club? Just goes to a player not a club..

Has been available all summer, if he truly was a part of a broader plan then it’d have been done 6 weeks ago. Smells like something to shut fans up because they’ve persisted with Sancho all summer.

Yet still less galling than Arsenal’s business. Owner spends 5bn taking the Rams from LA to Vegas and can’t spare a few million to help them get Partey/Aouar. Ridiculous.

He was probably

A) asking for more money

B) not wanting be a bench player

6 weeks ago

He also have a bevy of clubs chasing him. Ie. Benfica

Cavani is not going to appease many fans as a Sancho replacement. It's more likely ole wanted another goal scoring Option - with the ighalo situation is was sort of a priority too?

But it's not free that's what people are saying. He'd be getting a signing-on bonus presumably so how is that any different to paying a fee to a club? Just goes to a player not a club..

Because all players get sign on fees and agent fees when a club buys
them. Plus the transfer fee

For United to pay 0 instead of 10/20 million is a saving of sorts for. Player of that level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back