DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Well Haller for 20.5M pounds confirmed today, less than half what we paid for him, another David Sullivan special.

Think he'll dominate at Ajax also in that league and always being on the attack.

I just hope we don't spend say 13M on Josh King as a replacement with 6 months left on his deal....

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well Haller for 20.5M pounds confirmed today, less than half what we paid for him, another David Sullivan special.

Think he'll dominate at Ajax also in that league and always being on the attack.

I just hope we don't spend say 13M on Josh King as a replacement with 6 months left on his deal....
Take Nketiah from us please

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Origi is available for around 20m.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

Wasn't the Haller signing down to Pellegrini and former director of football, Mario Husillos?

Moyes likes to play one up top so there's a need for a back up for Antonio. Troy Deeney might fancy switching back to Premier League and might not be huge wages.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Wasn't the Haller signing down to Pellegrini and former director of football, Mario Husillos?

Moyes likes to play one up top so there's a need for a back up for Antonio. Troy Deeney might fancy switching back to Premier League and might not be huge wages.
Pellegrini and Husillos were desperate for Maxi Gomez who ended up signing for Valencia. I think after they missed out on him, Sullivan just decided to take over and find a similar sort of target man striker really.

Whoever plays as a striker for Moyes needs to have good ball retention, run the channels and have a decent work rate. Haller didn't really offer any of that but I think the pace of the league is another aspect also.

I think Deeney is back at Watford now. Ivan Toney may be another target but Brentford will want 25M plus for him at least.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Neither he or Luka Jović have looked the same players since they were separated. Love to see them reunited somewhere.
Funny how Ante Rebic has been the only one who's probably progressed at Milan out of the 3.

Jovic reminds me of Chicarito, needs someone alongside him up front to do all the dirty work.

I'd throw money at Depay.

Calhonglu renewed I believe.

Evidently not.

Did laugh at Moyes saying Hallet wasn’t planned but the offer was too good to turn down... a 25m loss in 18 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back