Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Vardy 34, i could see him getting regular games at Leicester as well, would probably be getting games at United as well

I like him but he'd be third in line for a striker spot.

Was assuming Cavani might not be around next season. Would be lineball with Rashford but i doubt United would start Ings over him

Rashford doesn't play as a striker, Martial and Cavani are the two main. Cavani I believe is a two year deal 1+1 style dependent on a trigger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brighton are pushing to close a deal for Independiente del Valle midfielder Moises Caicedo.

BBC Sport reports Brighton are trying to complete the finer details of Caicedo's planned arrival.

The 19-year-old midfielder has been scouted by a number of Premier League clubs but Brighton appear to have got the edge.

However, with work permits to secure under the post-Brexit arrangement, such transfers are not concluded quickly.

Caicedo is a full Ecuador international but only has four caps after making his debut in October.

Seems quite rated by the ITK in South America.

Expect us to get gazumped at some stage.

Seems quite rated by the ITK in South America.

Expect us to get gazumped at some stage.

Was heavily linked to United a few weeks back to the point it was imminent, then United walked away from it.

Reads like too many other fingers in the pie type situation making it a complicated deal.

Yep. Think the original outlay is low but sell ons and etc just made it more complicated then it needed to be.

No one really expected Cazorla to be able to play again given his injuries and multiple surgeries. He’s the outlier in that list, the rest of course was terrible mismanagement by Arsenal.

Especially with Wenger refusing to sell Sanchez for ~£60m to City 5 months before swapping him for Mhkitaryan.
I guess Charlie summed up what I was getting at better than I did, regardless of the pedantic Sanchez free or £20m nitpick

That’s what I was getting at, all that talent, that over that 3 years has needed replacing, or will do, and done without fees coming in to help pay for it. Add in the English club tax clubs put on the top, and knowing Arsenal are desperate to climb back up and it is an expensive exercise.

But with fees coming in you may have been able to buy a replacement and then have money left over to also upgrade somewhere else. Like getting Partey and then also being able to get Aouar rather than having to choose. Also meaning that youth from the academy can also be drip fed in when they deserve it or are needed rather than becoming a more critical element because of squad neglect.

I guess Charlie summed up what I was getting at better than I did, regardless of the pedantic Sanchez free or £20m nitpick

That’s what I was getting at, all that talent, that over that 3 years has needed replacing, or will do, and done without fees coming in to help pay for it. Add in the English club tax clubs put on the top, and knowing Arsenal are desperate to climb back up and it is an expensive exercise.

But with fees coming in you may have been able to buy a replacement and then have money left over to also upgrade somewhere else. Like getting Partey and then also being able to get Aouar rather than having to choose. Also meaning that youth from the academy can also be drip fed in when they deserve it or are needed rather than becoming a more critical element because of squad neglect.

Including Welbeck is moronic. Who would give money for an injury prone journeyman.

He is the most overrated Arsenal player I have seen.

Including Welbeck is moronic. Who would give money for an injury prone journeyman.

He is the most overrated Arsenal player I have seen.
Bit of a cop out. Better player than Lingard who I’d bet United will extract a fee from his sale.

Brewster and Ibe fetched Liverpool heaps as lesser players.

Bit of a cop out. Better player than Lingard who I’d bet United will extract a fee from his sale.

Brewster and Ibe fetched Liverpool heaps as lesser players.
Ibe was 21, Brewester 20. Welbeck was 28 and a massive injury history. Something the others don't have. By the end of Welbecks contract he was rcovering from a broken ankle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back