Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making the CL is a far better achievement than winning Europa. Does this even have to be debated?

Europa…lovely tournament but compared to CL it’s like a lightning premiership
I'd still have 3rd/4th in CL group below winning EL.

I'd still have 3rd/4th in CL group below winning EL.

It's the league cup to the FA Cup. Win it if you're forced to I suppose.

Making the CL is a far better achievement than winning Europa. Does this even have to be debated?

Should correct to say “making the CL FINAL”

Should correct to say “making the CL FINAL”

What's in the spurs trophy cabinet?

1621320519476.png

That picture and a best place losers written in crayon.

Chelsea winning uefa > liverpool losing CL.

Ditto Seville winning v juv and Amadrid losing finals

Last edited:
Think people in this thread have forgotten that the goal of most of these clubs is to 1. win trophies and 2. win the most prestigious trophies.

Winning any trophy is better than none. Anyone who has played in a losing GF or cup final will know that winning any trophy is better than losing a final in a better competition.

Think people in this thread have forgotten that the goal of most of these clubs is to 1. win trophies and 2. win the most prestigious trophies.

Winning any trophy is better than none. Anyone who has played in a losing GF or cup final will know that winning any trophy is better than losing a final in a better competition.

I was trying to not say these blokes sound like drunk collingwood fans

I'm happy knowing hull had a more successful season than 90% of PL clubs.

Now if you're aiming to compete, what message does it send to your fans if you're selling your talisman to a direct rival? Are we saying that we think we should aim for 5th and call ourselves best of the rest?

Do you honestly think Spurs fans are going to say "oh, fair enough if Kane wants to leave for Man U?". If so, you haven't been paying attention the last eight years.

Uh huh.

I'd only ever belittle the trophies to the extent that someone would hang sh1t on Spurs for not winning one. Like finishing 1st in the Europa league outstrips finishing second in the Champions League.

I'm simply giving you the lay of the land as regards Tottenham fandom. Maybe the thought that we don't regard United as particularly special nowadays strikes a raw nerve with you.
The only animosity between Spurs and United is in the Spurs boardroom. We are not rivals.

You certainly don't represent the views of the majority of Spurs fans in the UK. Most don't begrudge Kane potentially wanting to leave and pin the blame for that on Levy and Lewis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not true. Research her. She ain't going to the UK.
Milan could do with a striker. Mandzukic and Zlatan are old as * and pretty sure the Icardi’s didn’t sell their house on Lake Como.

The Athletic] Tottenham have known for long that Kane wants to leave. On England duty Kane left Man City players sensing he was heading there. He is Man City's 1st choice, and they have already enquired about him. Tottenham are angry at the timing, as they have some important games coming up.

City squad going to be crazy

You know what makes good sides better? Buying great players. Harry Kane going to United can only be a good thing for the club.
What doesn’t make you better: Selling your one truly world class player.

Levy does this and I’m watching Milan games next season and just checking Spurs scores on flashscore. At least with Maldini calling the shots the joint will be well run.

What doesn’t make you better: Selling your one truly world class player.

Levy does this and I’m watching Milan games next season and just checking Spurs scores on flashscore. At least with Maldini calling the shots the joint will be well run.

Lfc sold coutinho who was by far the stand out and essentially went onto win the league and cl.

Lcfc won the cup after selling 100s million quid of star players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back