Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't believe anything printed in the rags about deals involving Brighton.

The only people who will have information closer to the truth is Brian Owen and sometimes Andy Naylor.

Nah, White is a star, will be one of the best ball playing central defenders in the world.

Compare his transfer fee to slab head and it’s a bargain given his skill set.

Didn’t see the best of him in that Potter back 3, people will learn soon enough.

Most of the people with an issue are a small % of bitter Leeds fans or supporters who didn’t see any of him at Leeds and only the Brighton version.

What about the ones who saw him at Newport and Peterborough?

Michael Flynn actually predicted White's future when he was on loan there at Newport.

I wouldn't believe anything printed in the rags about deals involving Brighton.

The only people who will have information closer to the truth is Brian Owen and sometimes Andy Naylor.

Ornstein isn't the rags.

Maguire will never be worth the fee we paid but he has actually proven to be a good signing for United, has certainly turned my opinion of him around. Very, very solid CB.

Maguire will never be worth the fee we paid but he has actually proven to be a good signing for United, has certainly turned my opinion of him around. Very, very solid CB.

I reckon that could be said of most players bought from Leicester, outside of Kante. Very well run club who only sell players at a premium.

I think Leicester signing say Fofana for just under the half the price and him fitting in beautifully probably alters the perception there a bit also. Utd's issue is more so finding a good partner for him, Lindelof just isn't consistent enough.

I have no idea who he is but he's not Brighton so he's not plugged in to what we're thinking and doing.

Maybe he will sign eventually, not sure it's as imminent as this bloke is suggesting. Which means guessing.

He's Arsenal so he's plugged into what they're doing.

Nah, White is a star, will be one of the best ball playing central defenders in the world.

Compare his transfer fee to slab head and it’s a bargain given his skill set.

Didn’t see the best of him in that Potter back 3, people will learn soon enough.

Most of the people with an issue are a small % of bitter Leeds fans or supporters who didn’t see any of him at Leeds and only the Brighton version.
I don’t have any issue with him, saw him at Leeds been good back at Brighton but i think you’re making a big call tbh. Do you think Llorente is a downgrade?

I think Leicester signing say Fofana for just under the half the price and him fitting in beautifully probably alters the perception there a bit also. Utd's issue is more so finding a good partner for him, Lindelof just isn't consistent enough.

I look forward to the Maguire and Varane partnership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many better cb in the epl?

Big swamp German with the crook leg. Who else?

Dias.

#jod23 and yourself had same radical thoughts discussing this 12 months ago iirc
Van Dijk, Dias, Stones, Thiago Silva

I was not exclusively talking the EPL though.

I have no idea what the last bit means.

Idk Bout John stones...

He was getting a lot of s**t here too not so long ago.

Only the bravest of posters sticking up for him.

Silva may be better but he's 45 years old.

How many cb better in Europe? Many of the best cbs now over the hill..

Idk Bout John stones...

He was getting a lot of sh*t here too not so long ago.

Only the bravest of posters sticking up for him.

Silva may be better but he's 45 years old.

How many cb better in Europe? Many of the best cbs now over the hill..
Bonnucci, Chiellini, Skriniar, Varane probably more who have slipped my mind.

Stones is not better. Silva is old and basically done.

Bonnucci, Chiellini, Skriniar, Varane probably more who have slipped my mind.

Chiellini is 37... If he is better he won't be for much longer.

Maguire was too expensive but there isn't as many better options as people like to pretend.

Slabhead - varane looks pretty solid too. Varane is fairly quick too should compliment

Chiellini is 37... If he is better he won't be for much longer.

Maguire was too expensive but there isn't as many better options as people like to pretend.

Slabhead - varane looks pretty solid too. Varane is fairly quick too should compliment
You asked the question, I gave you options, you can't keep shifting the goal posts.

And as I said, I think Maguire is good, just below the elite rung. Same category as Rudiger, Gabriel etc.

The thing with Herb Mackquire is that the gap from him to the top shelf is large. Like you dont just say he's a level below VVD. Like it's many, many levels.

His pace absolutely kills him and at times means he's complete liability. He only works in certain systems, he would not be able to play in a team that plays a high line.

You asked the question, I gave you options, you can't keep shifting the goal posts.

And as I said, I think Maguire is good, just below the elite rung. Same category as Rudiger, Gabriel etc.

I just asked who is the elite rung.

John stones.
The corpse of Chiellini.
Varane who may be slabs cb partner.
Thiago kronos Silva.

Not as an impressive a list as I was expecting

The thing with Herb Mackquire is that the gap from him to the top shelf is large. Like you dont just say he's a level below VVD. Like it's many, many levels.

His pace absolutely kills him and at times means he's complete liability. He only works in certain systems, he would not be able to play in a team that plays a high line.

The swamp German may be cooked after the knee...Hope not but not a good injury.

Furthermore he was the world's best cb - maguire being behind vvd isn't a great issue. Even with their price tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back