Other Teams
Arsenal
I just asked who is the elite rung.

John stones.
The corpse of Chiellini.
Varane who may be slabs cb partner.
Thiago kronos Silva.

Not as an impressive a list as I was expecting
Is there any reason why you have conveniently left out Van Dijk, Bonnucci, Dias, Skriniar? Kimpembe, Marquinhos are two who more are elite IMO. Godin - despite his age is another.

Anyway, weird thing to take such umbrage to.

He's plugged into what Arsenal might think they are doing.

That could be a very different thing to what TB is thinking .

Ok, just suggesting Ornstein doesn't post something unless it's reliable.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Is there any reason why you have conveniently left out Van Dijk, Bonnucci, Dias, Skriniar? Kimpembe, Marquinhos are two who more are elite IMO. Godin - despite his age is another.

And Craig Dawson. Because it's Craig Dawson.................

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Also if Brighton do end up selling Ben White, they should go after someone like Tarkowski who's going to leave Burnley in 12 months for say 15M quid, and then try to sign a striker with the rest of the money they make from the sale (the question would be who though).

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That’s a hell of a deal from Brighton. They had all the cards in their favour, his age, homegrown, premier league experience, English tax etc. Well played for holding firm on that ~£50m valuation.

Meanwhile, if White was at Arsenal, with all of the above factors in favour, we’d still somehow let him walk for free like the examples of Welbeck, Wilshere, Ramsey etc.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t have any issue with him, saw him at Leeds been good back at Brighton but i think you’re making a big call tbh. Do you think Llorente is a downgrade?

No I don't. Llorente turned Leeds from a defensive sieve (2nd worst in the league) into the 5th best defence in the league in the second half of last season when he came into the side from injury.

They had the best defensive record in the league at home in the last 19 games.

He's a rolls royce and right up there with any CB in the league.

Leeds got Llorente and Koch for the same price as they would of had to have paid for White.

Struijk is also a fantastic prospect. They don't really need White atm or miss him.

I think it's been the best result for White, Brighton and Leeds tbh.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch

Ahh right. How bizarre.

As bizarre are you saying united were 6 world class players from challenging, before they finished 2nd?

Last time you were discussing harry.

No umbrage just curious as to the rankings these days

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch

As bizarre are you saying united were 6 world class players from challenging, before they finished 2nd?

Last time you were discussing harry
Moving forward let's not use derogatory terms eh?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
No I don't. Llorente turned Leeds from a defensive sieve (2nd worst in the league) into the 5th best defence in the league in the second half of last season when he came into the side from injury.

They had the best defensive record in the league at home in the last 19 games.

He's a rolls royce and right up there with any CB in the league.

Leeds got Llorente and Koch for the same price as they would of had to have paid for White.

Struijk is also a fantastic prospect. They don't really need White atm or miss him.

I think it's been the best result for White, Brighton and Leeds tbh.
Struijk is gonna be a great player too.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Dias we ready said.

Vvd yet to be seen how he will recover.

Bonnucci is older than time too.

Skriniar just had 5 put past him (not all his fault) and might end up at united too. Inter not paid for Rom and have no money ..

Kimpembe I wasn't sure if he was rated that highly.

Marquinhos might be better at the 6 and could get used there when ramos comes in. Unless 3atb.

Godin is cooked.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Probably because most of the players you've mentioned aren't as good as Maguire. We all saw you sneak in Gabriel ffs and the best defenders from FM 2016.

Dias, Van Dijk and maybe Laporte are the only Cbs in England better than him. Most of the blokes in other leagues you've chosen are cooked.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably because most of the players you've mentioned aren't as good as Maguire. We all saw you sneak in Gabriel ffs and the best defenders from FM 2016.

Dias, Van Dijk and maybe Laporte are the only Cbs in England better than him. Most of the blokes in other leagues you've chosen are cooked.

Laporte can't get a game for club and had to change country for a run...

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

I was waiting for maldini. Nesta. Puyol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back