Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 goal in 34 league games for Lazio. Yikes.

We were looking at bringing him in on a loan with a view to a permanent for 8.5m, but Lazio wanted closer to the 15m they paid for him so we laughed them out of the room.

Lol Leeds linked with our sloppy seconds. Standard.

Why would Hull even bother apart from the Turkish link? From Lazio to Hull.

1 goal in 34 league games for Lazio
Yeah not encouraging, but he did score 40 goals in 80 matches previous two years in Turkish league. Not sure if we would buy as a report yesterday said FFP would prevent any further buys..so loan with option to buy down the track.

Why would Hull even bother apart from the Turkish link? From Lazio to Hull.

Yeah not encouraging, but he did score 40 goals in 80 matches previous two years in Turkish league. Not sure if we would buy as a report yesterday said FFP would prevent any further buys..so loan with option to buy down the track.

Exactly why we didn't bother.

Not sure if the laughing was from Hull or Vedat…;)
View attachment 1309708

All reports were he was quite keen to come, Lazio just got greedy.

Probably same reason Tosun was so keen to get a photo with our new owner after the game the other day, think people who have played in Turkey are pretty sweet on Acun.

This is good news and a great bit of PR from Mo. If he ends up leaving, it's not his fault. He absolutely wants to stay but the bigwigs couldnt get it done, protects his legacy. Smart from Mo.

But I assume it gets done, it's interesting that he says he's not asking for crazy stuff which suggest it might not be 400k etc that some newspapers have gone with. If it's true and it's not some insane wages he's asking for, then surely it gets done after AFCON.

He pretty much the greatest player in Liverpool's recent history not named Steven Gerrard. He's already 10th in the clubs all time goal scoring list and is rapidly moving up that list. Will be 5th by the end of next season. Then only Liddell, Hodgson, Hunt and Rush would be in front of him. Remarkable.
I feel like your owners may be getting a touch complacent regarding building the team. Klopp tends to get players to play above themselves. I wonder whether your owners think they can sell Salah and replace him comfortably, which would be a mistake to presume. I doubt he is asking for the world. Maybe the issue is his age. I know United don't like giving out contracts for more than 1 year for 30+ year olds and Salah is 30 in June. One would think that Liverpool would make an exception for their best player. Give him a 5 year deal and who cares if you only get 3 world class years out of him rather than 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like your owners may be getting a touch complacent regarding building the team. Klopp tends to get players to play above themselves. I wonder whether your owners think they can sell Salah and replace him comfortably, which would be a mistake to presume. I doubt he is asking for the world. Maybe the issue is his age. I know United don't like giving out contracts for more than 1 year for 30+ year olds and Salah is 30 in June. One would think that Liverpool would make an exception for their best player. Give him a 5 year deal and who cares if you only get 3 world class years out of him rather than 5.

It's why Mane won't be getting a big deal out of them either.

I've no idea what's going on at the top. I dont think they think we can sell him and replace him, they surely know better than that. I think age is a sticking point with the owners but also they are stingy as * so I think they letting it run down as long as possible before having to start paying Mo a massive pay rise.

I think a deal will get done after AFCON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back