Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he didn't really specify exactly what market he's talking about - it's just the general vibe of the thing - Liverpool spend money they earn, Utd have been spending money they don't have. The oil clubs spend the free money. Don't think he was whinging, it's pretty factual.

He was talking about this market. And even admitted Liverpool had to spend on Konate money they hadn't earned.

Pull the other one bud otherwise you'll start to look silly.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said he is puzzled by Manchester United's transfer business this summer but not surprised by the spending power of Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.

What United are doing, I don't know how they did it. We have our own way to do it. We are allowed to spend the money we earn, that we always did. This year we spent before we earned money with [Ibrahima] Konate because after last season, just to be clear, we cannot take any risk in this position at all.

He was talking about this market. And even admitted Liverpool had to spend on Konate money they hadn't earned.

Pull the other one bud otherwise you'll start to look silly.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said he is puzzled by Manchester United's transfer business this summer but not surprised by the spending power of Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.

What United are doing, I don't know how they did it. We have our own way to do it. We are allowed to spend the money we earn, that we always did. This year we spent before we earned money with [Ibrahima] Konate because after last season, just to be clear, we cannot take any risk in this position at all.

Who cares about semantics, as if you are going to talk about spending and debt isolated from previous years. He's using this year as an example and referring to the overall spending model. I don't give a rat's arse what united do, but you can't cherry pick this year and say that Liverpool and United are somehow similar because of amortisation or whatever - it's just not true. That might be 'living in the past' for you, but that's how debt works - try calling up the bank and saying you don't want them 'to live in the past' anymore with regard to your mortgage. United have the third highest debt in world football, which Glazer knows he can pretty much balance against the brand and it's probably not a problem, but it's definately different than how FSG is managing Liverpool.

Who cares about semantics, as if you are going to talk about spending and debt isolated from previous years. He's using this year as an example and referring to the overall spending model. I don't give a rat's arse what united do, but you can't cherry pick this year and say that Liverpool and United are somehow similar because of amortisation or whatever - it's just not true. That might be 'living in the past' for you, but that's how debt works - try calling up the bank and saying you don't want them 'to live in the past' anymore with regard to your mortgage. United have the third highest debt in world football, which Glazer knows he can pretty much balance against the brand and it's probably not a problem, but it's definately different than how FSG is managing Liverpool.

Oh boy, now you're just ranting.

Learn to follow the discussion correctly otherwise you just come across as deranged.

BOOM!!!!!!

Oh boy, now you're just ranting.

Learn to follow the discussion correctly otherwise you just come across as deranged.

I think the only person coming off deranged is the one trying to make out that Liverpool have spent more than United this transfer window.

I think the only person coming off deranged is the one trying to make out that Liverpool have spent more than United this transfer window.

Now the resident idiot rolls into the discussion.

Another who can't follow a discussion, someone bad mouthed klopp must post stupid.

Now the resident idiot rolls into the discussion.

Another who can't follow a discussion, someone bad mouthed klopp must post stupid.

Wow, spectacular melt even by your standards.

Also quite hilarious you call someone else an idiot when you are the one claiming Man Utd (114m net spent) have spent more than Liverpool (£3m net spent) this summer transfer window.

But carry on nonetheless. Ill grab some popcorn.

Wow, spectacular melt even by your standards.

Also quite hilarious you call someone else an idiot when you are the one claiming Man Utd (114m net spent) have spent more than Liverpool (£3m net spent) this summer transfer window.

But carry on nonetheless. Ill grab some popcorn.

Except that's not what I said ;)

But please continue to play the part.

He can't save you. You probably just need to take the b*tt hurt and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except that's not what I said ;)

But please continue to play the part.

My mistake, Your exact words were Liverpool have "outlayed" the same amount of cash this transfer window as Man Utd after Klopp triggered you.

Which is still funny because Man Utd have spent 114m on transfers with no income while Liverpool have spent 36m on transfer fees, 33m which was paid for by incoming transfers.

PS the correct spelling of outlayed is outlaid.

My mistake, Your exact words were Liverpool have "outlayed" the same amount of cash this transfer window as Man Utd after Klopp triggered you.

Which is still funny because Man Utd have spent 114m on transfers with no income while Liverpool have spent 36m on transfer fees, 33m which was paid for by incoming transfers.

PS the correct spelling of outlayed is outlaid.

Reckon you're missing that key word 'upfront'.

You'll get to it eventually.

In fairness, Moh is used more these days by deflectors that can't (or don't really want to admit to) discussing the topic reasonably.

Man Utd have the commercial power to justifiably buy like they do. They are probably the only side in the PL that have the financial clout to back up that buying power.

Chelsea and Man City certainly don't. They are both completely underwritten by state/oligarch money, which is their owners are happy to pump in, fair play to them. Great for their fans.

I think some posters running the "player sales" line from Chelsea fans and the hilariously cooked books that is the Man City commercial statements is infinitely more funny than anyone raising net spend in an argument.

To be fair, I thought the autocorrect took away the real sense of what I though you were feeling. One must be accurate with these things.

One Klopp comments has you and your friend melting into oblivion.

Keep it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back