Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are still Newcastle.

Don't think it will be the same as when City got the cash, much easier time then to buy up for a lot less than clubs are charging now.

Don't think it will be the same as when City got the cash, much easier time then to buy up for a lot less than clubs are charging now.

That’s true. Look at someone like Mbappe who has turned down PSG’s contracts at every turn because he wants to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world, Real Madrid. Can you imagine someone like Mbappe even considering Newcastle United? Newcastle are starting years behind the likes of City and PSG that can attract these stars because they have great squads.

Really? City took a few years to get top calibre players, didn't they sign players like Bellamy, Bridge, Given in that first transfer window, with only Robinho a big money signing? With all these clubs there's a certain amount of mid-tier talent they have to bring in before they can get the very best, although I'm sure if they offer 1m a week anyone would come.

Really? City took a few years to get top calibre players, didn't they sign players like Bellamy, Bridge, Given in that first transfer window, with only Robinho a big money signing? With all these clubs there's a certain amount of mid-tier talent they have to bring in before they can get the very best, although I'm sure if they offer 1m a week anyone would come.

Robinho was a very big signing for them. Lot different to spending 40m on what at the time was a massive signing compared to now where they'll be quoted closer to 100m if not more.

That’s true. Look at someone like Mbappe who has turned down PSG’s contracts at every turn because he wants to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world, Real Madrid. Can you imagine someone like Mbappe even considering Newcastle United? Newcastle are starting years behind the likes of City and PSG that can attract these stars because they have great squads.

Makes sense in that regard. If its money Mbappe wants he could just play off Newacastle (Saudi Arabia)'s contract offer. The Qataris would only be too happy to beat them to his signature and the bidding war would be unlike we've ever seen.

I think we will see Mbappe in January go and sign a pre-contract deal with Real despite advances from the Saudis.

Makes sense in that regard. If its money Mbappe wants he could just play off Newacastle (Saudi Arabia)'s contract offer. The Qataris would only be too happy to beat them to his signature and the bidding war would be unlike we've ever seen.

I think we will see Mbappe in January go and sign a pre-contract deal with Real despite advances from the Saudis.

How much will FFP affect Newcastle? Presumably could just bring in a couple of new sponsors?

I can see Newcastle going after the following list of players:

Pogba (freebie)
Mbappe (freebie - but more likely to choose RM)
Raheem Sterling
One of Mane or Salah if they haven't signed a new deal.
Lingard (freebie)
Haaland (75m transfer fee + 75m agent fee to Mino should see the deal done)
Rudiger (freebie - they'll smash Bayern's 300k/week offer)
Whichever CB out of the 4 at City feel they're not getting enough game time, probably Ake.
Marcus Alonso (Chilwell is gonna be the long term LB at Chelsea and they'll just double his salary, should be able to get him for a reasonable deal with 1 year left)
Harry Kane and give Spurs the 200m Levy wants.
Ter Stegen, just make Barca an offer they can't refuse and they'll sell.

Obviously they're not gonna sign all these because that would be crazy but these seem logical targets for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing in their favour is the sheer amount of quality players coming out of contract this summer which is insane. They can blow anyone out of the water with their contract offers.

Pogba was supposed to be getting 400k/week offers from PSG, well Newcastle's Saudi owners will surely be happy to give him 5-600k/week to sign on a freebie at the end of the season. I can only imagine it will make getting Pogba to sign a new contract very difficult for you guys right now.

Back in 2008 when City got their oil money I can't remember any significantly high profile players available on a freebie.

One thing in their favour is the sheer amount of quality players coming out of contract this summer which is insane. They can blow anyone out of the water with their contract offers.

Pogba was supposed to be getting 400k/week offers from PSG, well Newcastle's Saudi owners will surely be happy to give him 5-600k/week to sign on a freebie at the end of the season. I can only imagine it will make getting Pogba to sign a new contract very difficult for you guys right now.

Back in 2008 when City got their oil money I can't remember any significantly high profile players available on a freebie.
English clubs cannot approach players in England and sign them on a free transfer.

I'm sure it all sounds viable but those players aren't going to Newcastle.

Will be interesting to see what Newcastle can do in January. Already a few names flying around (Sterling, Alli) but more people guessing at the moment I feel.

Think they need to get a top manager/coach first, then look to see who they can get.

Will be interesting to see what Newcastle can do in January. Already a few names flying around (Sterling, Alli) but more people guessing at the moment I feel.

Think they need to get a top manager/coach first, then look to see who they can get.

It sounds like Bruce is gone going off what he is saying. No talk on who they've got lined up.

Interesting snip from this article around the takeover:

They are not going to throw money at it straight away. They want to invest gradually in the months and years ahead. There is a lot that needs improving at this football club - the infrastructure, the stadium, the academy - all of these need investment and I think that will be one of their priorities.

Ironically they are looking to do things gradually and in a sustainable manner. Which surprises me a bit. I think they'd want to invest a fair amount in January to ensure they stay up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back