Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

Imagine playing with someone 99 times in your career and not speaking to them once haha
To be disappointed at being snubbed on debut. Fair enough.
To carry that for years afterwards. Petty as *.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah I thought it was weird. Teddy obviously annoyed at being subbed off. Sure he does the wrong thing and should have at least giving Cole a high five or something as he's coming off. But for that one moment to make them hate each other for 24 years is a bit stupid.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
'I have not spoken to Colosimo and why should I, because I went for the ball?'' he said in 1999. ''I don't feel I have done any wrong and I haven't a malicious bone in my body.''

Kind of explains Andy Cole’s character.

I still remember that, was sickening.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Read that Sterling wants to go to a club in mainland Europe and Barca have been looking at him for awhile so I'd say that's the likely bet.
Except for the part where they can't afford him

EDIT: That's not to say that there haven't been transfer rumours that Barca are interested, more that it doesn't matter if they are or not because they couldn't pay the transfer fee (nor the likely contract) required to get him

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Read that Sterling wants to go to a club in mainland Europe and Barca have been looking at him for awhile so I'd say that's the likely bet.

Surprising, the PL is now the place to be for the best and thought that would be where he wants to stay. Barca can barely afford Luuk De Jong so very unlikely they will be able to afford Sterling.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
lol why would Sterling want to come to us? He is too good for us IMO.

Depends on how you guys are looking in January. If things are looking good Arsenal would be ideal for him, back at home in London and would get a very good wage.

If the out of control thread is being bumped in January then yeah probably not likely to happen lol.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Except for the part where they can't afford him

Loan with an option to buy is what Laporta's pushing for and their problem isn't that they have no money (somehow) but it's because of La Liga's salary cap rules that are making it impossible for most clubs to sign anyone without selling the farm. With Europe moving away from COVID and full stadiums coming back to Spain, they'll be able to make big signings again sooner or later.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Loan with an option to buy is what Laporta's pushing for and their problem isn't that they have no money (somehow) but it's because of La Liga's salary cap rules that are making it impossible for most clubs to sign anyone without selling the farm. With Europe moving away from COVID and full stadiums coming back to Spain, they'll be able to make big signings again sooner or later.

Ha ha, loan with an option to buy. That's a lose/lose situation for City with his contract expiring in 2023. Value will only decline and there's the risk of a serious injury.

Surely City will only accept a permanent deal or a loan with an obligation to buy.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Ha ha, loan with an option to buy. That's a lose/lose situation for City with his contract expiring in 2023. Value will only decline and there's the risk of a serious injury.

Surely City will only accept a permanent deal or a loan with an obligation to buy.

Man City have usually been pretty good in letting players go even if it's for unders. I don't disagree with what you're saying but I think Sterling goes to Barca in January one way or another. Who else in England could realistically afford him?

Man City have usually been pretty good in letting players go even if it's for unders. I don't disagree with what you're saying but I think Sterling goes to Barca in January one way or another. Who else in England could realistically afford him?

Have they? If they don't want to sell a player they're usually pretty tough to deal with.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Liverpool, Chelsea & United all could afford him easily but don't think any of those would be interested. United maybe if they offload Martial.

Obviously Newcastle can afford him and probably even bump his wages. Arsenal will pay a big fee for what they think is the right player and can afford his wages too.

I just don't see why City would accept a loan with no obligation to buy for a player with a depreciating transfer value. The only way that would work is if Sterling signed a new contract and then went on loan but that seems unlikely.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Have they? If they don't want to sell a player they're usually pretty tough to deal with.

Bernardo Silva was allowed to leave for 45-50 million which is a bargain and the only reason he stayed is because Atletico and Barca couldn't fork up the cash due to the salary cap I mentioned earlier. Sane joined Bayern for massive unders and role players like Delph left without much fuss too. Wouldn't think they keep Sterling if an offer of what's close to what they paid for him came in.

Bernardo Silva was allowed to leave for 45-50 million which is a bargain and the only reason he stayed is because Atletico and Barca couldn't fork up the cash due to the salary cap I mentioned earlier. Sane joined Bayern for massive unders and role players like Delph left without much fuss too. Wouldn't think they keep Sterling if an offer of what's close to what they paid for him came in.

Sure but they wanted to sell him, do they want to get rid of Sterling?

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Liverpool, Chelsea & United all could afford him easily but don't think any of those would be interested. United maybe if they offload Martial.

Obviously Newcastle can afford him and probably even bump his wages. Arsenal will pay a big fee for what they think is the right player and can afford his wages too.

I just don't see why City would accept a loan with no obligation to buy for a player with a depreciating transfer value. The only way that would work is if Sterling signed a new contract and then went on loan but that seems unlikely.

Could you see Liverpool or Man U ever dealing with Man City, especially for Raheem Sterling? And neither of those two (or Chelsea) need him. Arsenal could get him but right now Barca's in the Champions League and Arsenal aren't. Newcastle are closer to the Championship right now then any spot in Europe so I doubt he goes there either.

With how long left is on his contract, I don't see Sterling going for more than 50-60 and honestly the only club who'd tick all the boxes for him would be Barcelona.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Barca's finances are gonna take a few years to get back to normal. They're just refinanced 525m euros of debt with Goldma
Sure but they wanted to sell him, do they want to get rid of Sterling?

Apparently they tried to send him to Spurs as part of the Kane deal. They probably do want to sell by the sounds of it with less than 2 years left on his deal and no apparent prospect of him extending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back