Hes like a nice bottle of red wine.
Screenshot_20211125-054854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
We are apparently inching closer and closer to Mo's new contract. Then after that we are apparently set to turn our attentions to locking in Sadio too.

With they would hurry up. Makes me nervous.

It looks like Bobby wont get a new deal but 2023 he will be 32 and with his injury record probably time to move on.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I think we just dont want to offer multi year deal for him. I think we might start handling him the way we have Millie. One year at a time.

Dont know about that, he is already becoming injury prone and thats not gonna get better. Love Bobby but no way do I see him playing until mid 30s for us. And as much as we love all 3 of our forward line we surely cant have all 3 lining up for us in 2024.

Mo definitely can play to mid 30s because he is a machine.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Dont know about that, he is already becoming injury prone and thats not gonna get better. Love Bobby but no way do I see him playing until mid 30s for us. And as much as we love all 3 of our forward line we surely cant have all 3 lining up for us in 2024.

Mo definitely can play to mid 30s because he is a machine.
No reason to get rid though. I think Bobby is the kind of guy who can make the transition from first team starter to more a squad player. Handy bloke to have on the bench as he gets older. He's the kind of guy who I think will age really well as he's never been reliant on pace or athletic ability. He just has terrific movement, football brain and tekkers. Could easily contribute into his mid 30's but not obviously as the main man.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
No reason to get rid though. I think Bobby is the kind of guy who can make the transition from first team starter to more a squad player. Handy bloke to have on the bench as he gets older. He's the kind of guy who I think will age really well as he's never been reliant on pace or athletic ability. He just has terrific movement, football brain and tekkers. Could easily contribute into his mid 30's but not obviously as the main man.
If he has a good season I could see you guys selling him for good money and bringing in a replacement.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

You can’t blame bench players for getting a manager sacked. It’s a collective unit. If your best XI don’t want to play for the manager, they will get him sacked.

I should know supporting United (and Carlton). Ole didn’t get sacked because Lingard, Martial etc gave up on him.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
It's contes way or the highway. And if Levy doesn't allow him to do what he wants it'll be embarrassing for the club and he'll be shown up
Yep. He won't hang around if Levy isn't going to give him some blank cheques.

Hes not going coming to be a grab a top 4 spot manager, boom or bust.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yep. He won't hang around if Levy isn't going to give him some blank cheques.

Hes not going coming to be a grab a top 4 spot manager, boom or bust.
He could quite easily quit at any moment. He just left a title winning side who sold what 1 or 2 players this summer? If we dont sign who he wants in January it wouldn't surprise me if he walks before the end of this season.

It's an ideal situation for me because we either back a world class manager in his prime and become a very good football team again. Or a world class manager walks out on us proving just how little our owners care about football matters, which is what I've thought for about 3 years.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
He could quite easily quit at any moment. He just left a title winning side who sold what 1 or 2 players this summer? If we dont sign who he wants in January it wouldn't surprise me if he walks before the end of this season.

It's an ideal situation for me because we either back a world class manager in his prime and become a very good football team again. Or a world class manager walks out on us proving just how little our owners care about football matters, which is what I've thought for about 3 years.

Yeah he did it to us too coming off a league winning season, all it takes is one missed signing or one player being sold and he wants out. Very, very temperamental manager.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It's not your bench that has got you sitting below Arsenal. It's because your star players like Harry Kane haven't been performing.
And the star performers heads have been turned by having to play with such s**t teammates that seem to get worse year after year. Son has been poor this season too. Chicken and egg scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back