Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
yeah i would've thought with someone like salah it's just like how much do you want. a top team can sign one or two of those sorts to a big deal at 30+ a genuine world class footballer, you can't let a bloke like him leave for nothing over 50k or whatever. a genuine point of difference between trophy and no trophy, they don't exactly grow on trees as we all know. i dont think you're as generous with mane and especially firmino, but offer both salah and mane big deals, salah a bit bigger is hardly a disaster. who knows, they might play at a high level until 35-36

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
yeah i would've thought with someone like salah it's just like how much do you want. a top team can sign one or two of those sorts to a big deal at 30+ a genuine world class footballer, you can't let a bloke like him leave for nothing over 50k or whatever. a genuine point of difference between trophy and no trophy, they don't exactly grow on trees as we all know. i dont think you're as generous with mane and especially firmino, but offer both salah and mane big deals, salah a bit bigger is hardly a disaster. who knows, they might play at a high level until 35-36
I absolutely want us to sign both to another long term deal. I think both will be effective into their mid 30's. I think Bobby will sign a new deal too. We just need one attacker in the summer to help with the aging legs of the OG front three. Jota is great but the drop off is too sharp to Taki or Origi.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Where my Chelsea boys at. What’s he do well and not so well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pros
-good on the ball
-reads the play well
-good defensively

Cons
-a bit soft
-confidence easily rattled

I'd prefer to keep him but it looks like he's walking. Barcelona seems likeliest at this stage.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Pros
-good on the ball
-reads the play well
-good defensively

Cons
-a bit soft
-confidence easily rattled

I'd prefer to keep him but it looks like he's walking. Barcelona seems likeliest at this stage.

If Barcelona & Dortmund are his suitors wages won't be the issue on a new contract.

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
If Barcelona & Dortmund are his suitors wages won't be the issue on a new contract.

What’s he on now?

We’ll have Witsel and Burki leaving at minimum, so that gives us 13m of wages to use. CB is our absolute priority … just hope the club puts some cash up.

It's funny that with all the interest around Salah and a new contract, nothing has been said about Mane who's contract runs out at the same time as Salahs.

Probably because everyone (well, most people) acknowledge that he's past his best and it isn't surprising that he'll be moving on.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
What’s he on now?

We’ll have Witsel and Burki leaving at minimum, so that gives us 13m of wages to use. CB is our absolute priority … just hope the club puts some cash up.

Hes on £80k now and we've offered him a new £140k contract.

But other clubs are offering signing on bonuses which will bump that up more elsewhere.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hes on £80k now and we've offered him a new £140k contract.

But other clubs are offering signing on bonuses which will bump that up more elsewhere.

Dortmund won't be offering a bigger deal than you guys. Not sure what Barca's wages situation will be next year with improved turnover, maybe they can afford to offer him a bumper deal on a freebie.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Dortmund won't be offering a bigger deal than you guys. Not sure what Barca's wages situation will be next year with improved turnover, maybe they can afford to offer him a bumper deal on a freebie.

Every other club can offer a signing on bonus which we cant. So they can offer the same wages plus more. If Dortmund are confident then they are offering more than us.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Every other club can offer a signing on bonus which we cant. So they can offer the same wages plus more. If Dortmund are confident then they are offering more than us.

There's no reason why you can't offer a bonus for signing a new contract.

Also, Dortmund gave Hummells 160k/ week to come back. Unlikely they would be offering the same amount to Christensen.

I'd say the main attraction of Dortmund is regular playing time plus playing in front of 80k fans every 2 weeks at home. That's also a pretty big attraction and culturally Germany is much closer to Denmark then the UK is.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
There's no reason why you can't offer a bonus for signing a new contract.

Also, Dortmund gave Hummells 160k/ week to come back. Unlikely they would be offering the same amount to Christensen.

I'd say the main attraction of Dortmund is regular playing time plus playing in front of 80k fans every 2 weeks at home. That's also a pretty big attraction and culturally Germany is much closer to Denmark then the UK is.

And then every player signing a new contract wants a bonus, surely thats a good reason not to be doing it?

If he wants to go there for the love of the game so be it, but I really doubt it. 140k a week is more than enough to offer, if he wants more than that then he can walk and we'll bring someone else into the squad who wants to spot. That guy is already on our books and killing it at the udders.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
And then every player signing a new contract wants a bonus, surely thats a good reason not to be doing it?

If he wants to go there for the love of the game so be it, but I really doubt it. 140k a week is more than enough to offer, if he wants more than that then he can walk and we'll bring someone else into the squad who wants to spot. That guy is already on our books and killing it at the udders.

The reasons why it's a good idea are the same reasons why it is for any other club to sign him on a freebie. You don't have to go out and spend 30m+ signing an equivalent CB. Unfortunately he is in a great position to negotiate with other clubs allowed to offer him deals for a contract starting next season. As he is already at the club, knows the club and the manager it makes demanding higher wages on a new deal than he can get elsewhere even easier for him.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
The reasons why it's a good idea are the same reasons why it is for any other club to sign him on a freebie. You don't have to go out and spend 30m+ signing an equivalent CB. Unfortunately he is in a great position to negotiate with other clubs allowed to offer him deals for a contract starting next season. As he is already at the club, knows the club and the manager it makes demanding higher wages on a new deal than he can get elsewhere even easier for him.
Yeah I dunno, We've made our offer, it's more than reasonable and if he wants to earn more elsewhere that's up to him.

I'm more worried about Rudiger than Christensen.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yeah I dunno, We've made our offer, it's more than reasonable and if he wants to earn more elsewhere that's up to him.

I'm more worried about Rudiger than Christensen.

Not ideal for squad management to lose 2 CBS at the same time on freebies. Rudiger's agent really does hold all the cards here - you may let one go but won't want to lose both.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Not ideal for squad management to lose 2 CBS at the same time on freebies. Rudiger's agent really does hold all the cards here - you may let one go but won't want to lose both.
I guess we'll be back in for Kounde again in the summer, he wants us and we want him so just got to get it done now(we are also linked to Sule who's a freebie). So that'll be one, then Chalobah who has surprised coming through and taking Christensens spot and Colwill will return from the Championship.

It's s**t transfer fee making wise, but we aren't at panic stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back